• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K&J Magnetics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
Has anyone had any dealings with kjmagnetics? They don't have a reseller rating but their ebay store is 100% lifetime positive, with only one neutral. I know ebay ratings aren't the best but positives are much better than if it had a lot of negative feedback. I'm looking to place quite a large order for some custom magnets and of all the stores I emailed they are the only ones who have emailed me back and made contact.

I bought some from them, I bought a bunch of small n52 disks and two 1" n52 cubes. The small disks I used for a project and still use them as they are handy, the larger cubes are in storage, locked in a small fireproof lockbox as they are evil.

Some magnets can hurt yah ;)

19magnet1.184.jpg

I've bought from them before too. Wide variety of stuff. No problems and good customer service.

Their magnets are scary... :eek:

Has anyone had any dealings with kjmagnetics? They don't have a reseller rating but their ebay store is 100% lifetime positive, with only one neutral. I know ebay ratings aren't the best but positives are much better than if it had a lot of negative feedback. I'm looking to place quite a large order for some custom magnets and of all the stores I emailed they are the only ones who have emailed me back and made contact.

I think the fact they actually communicated with you (in a reasonable timeframe) is good enough to vouch for the business.

I want pictures if you guys decide to buy some of their n42-n52 blocks.

there-will-be-blood-poster.jpg

So...want a picture of some of the N42 (rubber coated) .5"x1"x2" blocks on either side of my hand?

LOL SSS you're post alone makes me want to buy some. I have a feeling i might regret it

If SSS vouches for them, then they've got my business. Yes the simple fact they communicated with me was a big plus, but even shady websites will communicate sometimes upfront.

I'll definitely take some pictures for you Sam, I'm ordering $237 in magnets as soon as I get my tax refund this coming week.

NdFeB Block Magnets
3" x 1" x 1/8"
Grade N52, Nickel-plated, Magnetized through thickness
Qty 20 @ $11.85/pc

umm what are you going to do with all those magnets?

Hopefully not end up in the ER :beer: If he gets some large n52 blocks, he'll see why I keep them in a lockbox, they have wood spacers between the magnets while in storage.

My only advise, be aware of your surroundings, especially be aware of anything made of iron, cobalt and nickel.

If you wear metal braces, not only can you end up in the ER, but a n52 magnet and braces can land you in the orthodontist's office as well, whatever he buys, just be safe ;)

1155113242-78046300.jpg

Heh, I was thinking the same thing. However, I almost injured myself playing around with hard drive magnets, so I'm wondering what this one will do... :eek:

Me and a friend were tearing aprts some old harddrives just to see what made them tic. Well we were shocked to see they had magnets in them. after fighting tring to get them out we did but not letting them touch each other. The only thing that touched them was a small screw driver so you couldn't really get a feel for how strong they were........... "you think they would stick to my hand... you know one on each side?" Yes they did and that didn't hurt untill I slid then to the side of my hand right between my index and thumb!!!!! there is some thin skin and for some reason the magnets didn't like it being there!

I've been thinking of getting some of these for years just because they looked cool. That link just killed that, lol.

Maybe I'll get some small ones or something, the bigger ones will have to wait till the kids are out of the house so that I'm the only idiot in the house to get hurt.

That's a good idea if you had your eye on the really powerful blocks they sell, they have other magnets there like the (lower power) rubber coated magnets, and magnet kits which are kid friendly & very cool, like the one that allows you to see the magnetic field, I bought one of those as well, it's neat. For young kids, explaining how the earth and it's magnetic field work is easier if they have magnets in front of them, rather than reading about it in a book.
Just keep an eye on them so they don't accidently kill any tubed TV's you might have or wipe your credit card, magnetic ID card or any card with a magnetic bar strip..

I use the weaker K & J magnets as stud-finders, the N52's stay in the lockbox, don't really feel like pulling out any loose metal behind the drywall ;)

Me and a friend were tearing aprts some old harddrives just to see what made them tic. Well we were shocked to see they had magnets in them. after fighting tring to get them out we did but not letting them touch each other. The only thing that touched them was a small screw driver so you couldn't really get a feel for how strong they were........... "you think they would stick to my hand... you know one on each side?" Yes they did and that didn't hurt untill I slid then to the side of my hand right between my index and thumb!!!!! there is some thin skin and for some reason the magnets didn't like it being there!

The magnets in hard drives are fun to play with and are reasonably powerful, but they pale in comparison to an N52 magnet. A magnet like this is just crazy powerful and dangerous in the wrong hands. One is just dangerous, two of them are pure evil if they enter one anothers proximity.

BZ0Y0X0_N52L.jpg

Back