• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Rectified]NEWEGG. Charges me 3x cause their server is messed up.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trueplaya4ever8

So I went to order my monitor... and newegg server is apparently messed up... charged me 3x... They told me it would be credited back in 3-5 days. This was in the chat. I didn't know it went through 3 times.. until I checked my bank account. I could have handled 2 times... but 3....

I'm negative $311 in my bank account... Now the amount of possible overdrafts... is astronomical... especially at 35 bucks an OD..

What do I need to do? I know I need to call them.

What can they do?

Anyone had problems like this before?

Call your bank and tell them the second and third charges were not authorized (they weren't) so they can do a chargeback. Immediately remove any blame the bank can put on you. Your bank can also probably get the money back in your account faster than waiting for NewEgg to "refund" it.

Call your bank and explain the situation. Thats all you can do. Your bank should be helpful especially if you dont notoriously overdraw your account.

Call your bank and tell them the second and third charges were not authorized (they weren't) so they can do a chargeback. Immediately remove any blame the bank can put on you. Your bank can also probably get the money back in your account faster than waiting for NewEgg to "refund" it.

Wamu told me... I'd have to wait for them to go through then dispute it. :screwy:

Call your bank and explain the situation. Thats all you can do. Your bank should be helpful especially if you dont notoriously overdraw your account.

See above.

Call them, they are very good about customer service. Remember to not be short with them, even if they can't help you. They might even be in a good enough mood to refund you the overdraft fees since it wasn't your fault.

Nope.

And yes I called newegg 2nd. They seemed the most efficent. He told me that they caught it and only kept one as to my request eariler and the money should be returned within the day. :eek:

Newegg Customer Support is simply amazing. Took me longer to get through the automated part than to talk to the rep.

Thanks for the help guys. I'll update when I've gotten my money back!

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to this uncommon issue that we had today. We assure you this was not done intentionally and is being looked into so it does not happen again. All orders that were not shipped will be refunded back immediately. Please contact me at 800-390-1119 ext 25040 or by email at [email protected] so I may further assist you in this matter.

Sincerely,

Newegg Support

Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to this uncommon issue that we had today. We assure you this was not done intentionally and is being looked into so it does not happen again. All orders that were not shipped will be refunded back immediately. Please contact me at 800-390-1119 ext 25040 or by email at [email protected] so I may further assist you in this matter.

Sincerely,

Newegg Support

Missed you guys by about 30 mins. Sent ya an email.

Thanks man.

And by the way, if the mods think this is in the wrong spot. Please feel free to move it :beer:

I wouldn't dispute the charge, that will cause problems and hassle for everyone and Newegg might suspend your Newegg account and then you'd have to boter getting it reinstated. If it's like every other debit card I've ever seen what's been 'charged' are really authorizations not actual charges so once the authorization expires the funds in the bank account will be released from hold. In the meantime if you want the authorizations released earlier...

I would contact your bank asap and let them know what happened. Like Caligula said, especially if you've been a customer for a while and have no history of overdrafts they should waive any overdraft fees. Did they even charge overdraft fees since these are just authorizations? If not let them know it was an error and you didn't actually make the additional charges...hopefully they wouldn't want you to go through a whole official process. Going in to a local branch to get things like this resolved usually works better ime.

had the same thing happen to me

clicked on a corsair tx850 at the egg in the morn
site said experiencing problems we are sorry

checked bofa when i got home
to find 3 pending charges from newegg
making my account 450 bucks short

checked neweggs site and two of the charges said void
but
bank account kept the charges pending for 3 days
(lame)
i had decided at the time
to give it a few days to see if things resolved themselfs
rather then making calls and poss making it more of a prob

kinda sucked that my money wasent usuable for that time
and glad i didint have any checks out which may have caused overdraft

after a few days
bank account showed 3 charges
and 2 return charges
woohoo

but
i never got the 20 dollar discount
that a customer service rep from the egg promised me
the day before on another matter regarding a borked biostar open box motherboard
dionne.a.salters was the rep i spoke to

still love the egg
but they did almost give me a heart attack on this one

other thing that was 5 stars from the egg
got my psu the very next day
pretty sweet

Last edited:
Thats pretty quick to have it resolved. Updated thread title to reflect accurately upon the egg.

Thanks once again! :beer:

what happen? did egg pay for charges to bank?

They returned the funds, and I was told I was going to get a $75 dollar credit to my bank account. He told me it would take 3-5 days. We will see what happens with that. Either way, I'm amazed about the speed of their customer service. :beer:

had the same thing happen to me

kinda sucked that my money wasent usuable for that time
and glad i didint have any checks out which may have caused overdraft

after a few days
bank account showed 3 charges
and 2 return charges
woohoo

but
i never got the 20 dollar discount
that a customer service rep from the egg promised me
the day before on another matter regarding a borked biostar open box motherboard
dionne.a.salters was the rep i spoke to

still love the egg
but they did almost give me a heart attack on this one

other thing that was 5 stars from the egg
got my psu the very next day
pretty sweet

Ya. They really handled this error very very well.

They returned the funds, and I was told I was going to get a $75 dollar credit to my bank account. He told me it would take 3-5 days. We will see what happens with that. Either way, I'm amazed about the speed of their customer service. :beer:

Very nice, there's a reason why the egg is beloved by so many here.

Yup. When things go smooth and easy it doesn't mean anything but when they go bad it's how it's resolved that shows what kind of c.s. a company has.

Back