• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help cpu-z is showing this.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AaronS

1st off i am completely new to this i know a little bit about RAM but not as much as you guys so if u can help me that will be greatly appreciated.

Right i have 4gig of Corsair XMS2, TWIN2X2048-6400, 2x1GB, DDR2-800, PC2-6400, CL5, DIMM

and cpu-z is showing this in the memory section

now i have tried turning every thing of auto to see if that would change anything, but it didn't, also the RAM are twins so they should work as dual channel right?, well tried that and fail.

pc stats
motherboard is a Asus P5E-V HDMI
cpu- is a core 2 duo E7400 2.8ghz currently running at 2.9ghz, now reason i haven't gone any higher is that i am unsure on whats up with the RAM so yeah.

yeah its version 1.50 so it is the latest, also running Everest,

it shows this is the memory section

and in the memory controller

hmm...i've never seen that. maybe try Memset? that shows you even more of your timings.
what does it say in the SPD tab?

o really lol, i didn't know that man thanks for the info ill try it out, and yeah well the run fine at the speed they are at now lol, that's weird.

you should be 1066 MHz 5-5-5-15 with tRFC should be about 55
Your running at 544MHz...I don't know if Dominators can do that????
Your timings should be 4-4-4-13 tRFC 29 at that speed according to the Everest screenie you posted.

not sure if i missed something but the model listed in the OP doesnt mention being dominators. from the specs they look more like the corsair value line, i always recall domintors at DDR2-800 having cas4 timings not cas5. which leads me as well to think DDR2-1066 isnt going to be possible with his current ram. if he is lucky he might see DDR2-900 speeds, with DDR2-800 timings and voltage.

AaronS,
from your pics your ram is under clocked so its not even running rated speed. you should go into the bios and look for a memory speed selection. the board by defualt will set the lowest the timings from the first table. the boards also always stick with the slowest speed ram will do for first boots and after that unless changed manually in bios.

so i want it to be running at the rated clock speed it says, which is 800, so what are the timings for 800?, cause in the bios i look under RAM frequency and yeah i can chose from 667-over 1000 so if i select 800 that would be the right number then?

yeah in the bios i can only select up to 5-5-5-15, which is very werid since the board its self supports ddr2 800 RAM and in the manual it says if the RAM is CL4 it will underclock it, but my RAM is CL5

the ram timings are 5-6-6-15 in the bios when i change from auto to manual

Back