• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a cheap OC capable mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gian84

Hi all!

I just want to know the cheapest motherboard that can decently OC an E5200. This would be my final upgrade until the new Intel/AMD platforms become mainstream. I also don't plan into going CF/SLI.
Currently I am looking at the MSI P43Neo-F or Gigabyte EP31-DS3L.
I don't know which one would be better as I can't find many reviews of both mobos...

Any suggestions and recommendations is welcome.

Thanks!

The really good OCing boards start around 90-100$ with the UD3L/R and the P5Q. Anything less than that and you are probably going to get sub-par overclocking.

I have the PQ5 It is a nice board.

Got it from CompUSA for 120 dollars.

Is very overclockable.

Currently running E5200 at 3.5 Ghz.

Go with a P45 chipset,, you won't regret it. If you don't plan on xfire,, then get the GA-EP45-UD3R. It's s great board. I've had it for a month and already love it.

Get the GIGABYTE GA-P31-ES3G LGA 775 Intel P31 ATX Intel Motherboard is better than the MSI:beer:

thanks for the replies guys. I live in the philippines and PC parts are much expensive here. My budget if converted to US$ is ~$80. I have read a few reviews and comments about the MSI P43/45 mobos and they are quite ok though the bios is really buggy.

Asus... well the only one here within my budget is the P5QL-Pro, is that any good?

I've also read the gigabyte boards are solid OCer, even their P31... but i have question, the P31/35 is only PCIe 1.1 while the P4345 is PCIe 2.0... Is there a big difference in performance with 1.1 vs 2.0? Also I'm planning on upgrading my gfx card to gtx260/285 down the road, would these cards use the full 2.0 bandwidth?

Back