• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5QL/p43 chipset - DRAM dividers???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warriorcookie

Been a long time lurker, this is my 5th OC'd rig, never really had much for questions, always been able to find the answers in the past.

I just picked up a P5QL mobo ($120cdn, old intel DG965WH fried) and am overclocking my e6300 L2. I've gotten to 2.8ghz just fine (prime95 stable) but have run into a bit of question.

My FSB is at 400 now, so to go higher I need to start changing the FSB-DRam ratio.

I can't find it (the setting) in the bios...

I thought maybe some of the settings were limited, so I updated to the latest bios, same settings as before. Is this a limitation of the P43 chipset? Should I exchange for a p45 board?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I've looked throught the manual for p45 boards such as P5Q SE and the menus look identicle. This leads me to believe that the setting could be there and I am just missing something. Is it called something else? Under dram frequency it only allows me to pick FSBx2 and higher (eg at 400mhz FSB it lets me pick 800mhz and up, 433FSB lets me pick 866 and up etc) Changeing the NB strapping gives me less options for dram freq (because its a multiple of the FSB and NB?) but still starting much too high, won't let me choose lower. I can't find even manual ratio setting between FSB and Dram.

P5Q-E is the same menu under AI tweeker, so it doesn't have it either.

P5Q Pro does have it under AI tweeker.

Hmmmm, so no way to do it with my mobo?

Back