• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Board advice sought

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xgtdec

Hi Guys

Looking at my sig i decided i needed to update a few bits, so out went the xaser case and theres a new MM on the way, the gpu's are being sold off and being replaced by one gtx 295, Now since i have had this board it really has been trouble, i mean..it works but thats it, any attempt to overclock results in a crash and the uguru supplied is a hunk of junk and generally it a buggy pile, of course a search in google confirms all of the above, but its lasted this long and now needs to go, I'm keeping the qx9650( who wouldnt) will avoid going to ddr3 for now cause i like my reaper ram, and will be buying a gtx 295, just one i think is good for now. So all i ask is a board that will do all this and be nice about it, a good solid trustworthy board that will serve as it should and not be made by abit, something that will run my RAM at it ideal settings and be a little future proof, there is no budget so please do go wild and tell me what you would get!!

Thanks for all advice

Dec

Gigabyte P45-UD3P - sucker will run some serious FSB!!

Of course, that's only if you plan to run ONE video card - if you plan to SLI, I'd go with something else.

ok cool, thanks for that, considering im going from 2 x 8800 to 1 x 295 i think that should be enough for the forseeable future, is the oc's on that by auto or do ya have to get ya hands dirty?

cool, so there really is no need to spend loads a cash on the likes of the rampage extreme when a board like that will let you play all the games ya like for 250 quid cheaper!! would that be a fair statement?

Back