• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram selection for my Biostar Tpower?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zhut

I have been looking around for some higher rated ram for my Tpower to try out for some higher clocks. I have been recommended by some others to stick with OCZ or gskill since Biostar Tpower can be picky with ram. I was thinking 1066+ ram and 8gigs since that is what I am used to. Does anyone have any experience with these models of ram? Or any others with success on their Tpower with other ram specifically? Thank you in advance. I am thinking overclocking with 8 gigs will take/help with some higher rated ram.

I have been eyeing up these:
PC9200 Reapers
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227406

and
Gskill PC8800 Pi's
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231194

I know zip about any Intel rig, but I can tell you that there are a lot of problems with OCZ Reapers running at there promoted speeds. This is particularly true on AMD systems, but I have seen issues with Intel systems as well. Check out the OCZ Forums for yourself.

R7 :beer:

Those G.Skills look pretty good, I think automiketic has a set. Might want to PM him to see how they do.

You have a good eye, Looks as if automiketic uses the 1100 pi's in current build now but recommended the reapers to me earlier.

to quote automiketic:

zhut i had good luck with ocz reapers on my tpower. stay away from ballistix. i had a few sets i tried and gave me nothing but problems. i had best luck with ocz reapers.

I will PM to ask, thanks. I have had great luck with my current Pi's pc6400 8-gigs so perhaps sticking with pi's may be a good idea.

Well I went with the reapers, so far I am liking the Reaper 1150's not bad for 8gigs only done a little testing so far. They seem to match my board well so far. I will have to try some testing with 2 sticks when I get time. I will be interested to see how far I can go with cas 4 and some divider tinkering. So far they are pretty nice. 2.2vdimm seems like a lot though, im used to the low vdimm pi's.

Attachments

• CPUZ4.jpg
    CPUZ4.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 70
yeah like i said man i never tested the pi's on the tpower. they may have been great but who knows. thats why i just gave the facts and im glad they are working out for you. when i got the ocz many people recommended that i not get them and i and i had nothing but luck with em. was able to run them up around 1100-1125 if i remember correctly and they were rated for 1066 with only +.1 over stock volts.

Back