• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM effect max FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

teddythetwig

I know this is probably a really simple question to answer but I can't seem to find it anywhere. If my RAM is DDr2 - 800 does this mean my max FSB won't go much higher than 400?

Your ram can probably go higher with loosened timings. Even my crappy old ocz platinums could hit 900mhz (aka 450fsb) with cas 5 timings and 2.1v. BTW,, how/why do you have 6gb. 3x2gb right?

lol i thought you were asking me , i was like uhh WHAT?! Tri-Channel FTW

hmm that is weird , why run 3 slots Dual channel... your probally going to get better performance if you pull one stick or add one more stick

It's actually an interesting story. I originally had 4 x 1gb but one stick was DOA. When I went back to Microcenter to return it they gave me 2 x 2gb accidentally so I now actually have 2 x 5-5-5-15 1gb DDR2 - 800 and 2 x 4-5-5-15 2gb DDR2 - 800. I'm thinking about moving to OCZ Reapers for my I45 cause I hear they do well, unfortunately I just don't have the money atm.

Oh, so that is infact dual channel: 2x1gb + 2x2gb. You only returned the dead stick and you kept the other 3 1gig sticks? Did you try and see how far your rams go? Drop the cpu multi and push the fsb. See how far you can go.

Oh, so that is infact dual channel: 2x1gb + 2x2gb. You only returned the dead stick and you kept the other 3 1gig sticks? Did you try and see how far your rams go? Drop the cpu multi and push the fsb. See how far you can go.

No I returned two(2) 1gb sticks and received two(2) 2gb sticks.
Edit:I plan on pushing them as I get my gfx card back from Asus.

Back