• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI-E 2.0 board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyst0pia

Alright, this is killing me. I'm trying to find a (not too expensive) motherboard with PCI-E 2.0 in preparation for a GTX 295 (maybe). Now, with graphics cards, I know the reputable manufacturers and their little special perks (EVGA and XFX and whatnot), but I don't really have any intuition about motherboard manufacturers.

Specs required: I need a board with PCI-E 2.0, number of such slots in not a factor. DDR2, socket 775. Onboard RAID is a plus (yeah, yeah, fake RAID, but whatever, it's good enough for me). Basically, I want to take the setup in my sig, replace the graphics card with a GTX 295, and shove a new motherboard into the case without having to replace anything else.

So far, I've found the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R and the Asus P5Q Pro to be pretty good options. Any recommendations about these two, or suggestions for some other board?

both boards are good from what i have read. The Asus is a better quad over clocker from what i also have read.

Back