• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dell monitor $500 cheaper the day it arrives

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom10167

bought a 3008wfp for $1700 out the door. it's now on sale for $1,140. That's way too big of a savings to ignore.

Who/what do I call and how angry do I have to sound? Ultimately I'd just like them to deposit the difference in to my bank account. Worst case scenario is they make me return the monitor(in which case there's no ****ing way I'm buying another Dell product ever)

anyone ever gone through with this? It might seem like a bad thread but it's tough to google something like this, and talking/waiting on hold with support staff is usually terrible. =\

plz say this will be easy

I would just contact them and see if they will honor the new price. If not, just return it and buy it again at the lower price.

I hear the OP on this one. For a solid month, maybe even two months, I've been watching 46" and larger HDTV prices on decent sets, been to so many brick and mortar stores to look for unadvertised pricing that you can almost see my trail.

.....bought something last week, and today at Target no less, I see prices much less for better products than when I was looking. I looked at every Newegg set, looked at Slickdeals at every thread, looked at Onsale refurb prices and much more. I just threw out the box yesterday, so returning it isn't an option, plus the models I saw at better pricing aren't applicable to what I bought for a 30 day price difference since the one I bought is still the same price. But better models for better prices are everywhere. Stupid Murphy and his stupid laws :beer:

Dell is usually pretty good on stuff like this especially given their return policy. Just call them up and have all your order information. Just be nice not mad, at leat at first, it's not like they were out to screw you personally and honey gets more flies.

Dell is usually pretty good on stuff like this especially given their return policy. Just call them up and have all your order information. Just be nice not mad, at leat at first, it's not like they were out to screw you personally and honey gets more flies.

I agree. Don't be so ****y the first time you contact them. If they screw around with you then you can be, but always be polite the first time around. Remember the CSRs aren't the ones that are screwing you over. They're there to help you any way they can within the company policy.

lol they wont adjust the price

hope they like spending $200 in shipping plus losing $570 rather than just losing $570

[ ] good business
[x] economic crisis has me hoping dell goes out of business

sweet 15% restocking fee

they offered me a $100 gift card though

[ ] i will buy from dell again

Really? I'm surprised. Didn't know they have restock fees too :( I tried a Dell monitor almost two years ago, didn't like it, and got a return label and no restock fee.

I say try again! Maybe on Monday...the weekend people probably get swamped.

send it back to RMA and demand your money back.... Then rebuy the monitor through dell small business... i bought a SP2309W from dell at the beginning of january... didnt like it one bit and it had backlighting inconsistancies... sent it back and 10 days later i had ALL my money and they paid for shipping back. The 2209WA came out and i wanted that... its 299.99 on line with free shipping... i called up dell small business and i asked for a price around 30% less ... ended up gettin the monitor for 212 w/ free shipping.

So id send it back via RMA... say something is wrong like inverter buzzing and demand all your money back... Wait till you get your money and call up Angela Smith: 1-800-456-3355 ext 9460376 at dell small business she should hook you up... just say you want your 3008WFP for the closest she can get to 900 bucks and id be willing to bet she gets you the monitor for 1k or less.

send it back to RMA and demand your money back.... Then rebuy the monitor through dell small business... i bought a SP2309W from dell at the beginning of january... didnt like it one bit and it had backlighting inconsistancies... sent it back and 10 days later i had ALL my money and they paid for shipping back. The 2209WA came out and i wanted that... its 299.99 on line with free shipping... i called up dell small business and i asked for a price around 30% less ... ended up gettin the monitor for 212 w/ free shipping.

So id send it back via RMA... say something is wrong like inverter buzzing and demand all your money back... Wait till you get your money and call up Angela Smith: 1-800-456-3355 ext 9460376 at dell small business she should hook you up... just say you want your 3008WFP for the closest she can get to 900 bucks and id be willing to bet she gets you the monitor for 1k or less.

im pretty lazy but this just sounds sooooooooo ****ing sweet for 100 different reasons.

if i can get them for 1k or less I'm definitely buying a second one seeing as how i just bought one for 1700, thats like a $300 30" monitor ;)

thanks man, will definitely keep you guys updated

I hear the OP on this one. For a solid month, maybe even two months, I've been watching 46" and larger HDTV prices on decent sets, been to so many brick and mortar stores to look for unadvertised pricing that you can almost see my trail.

.....bought something last week, and today at Target no less, I see prices much less for better products than when I was looking. I looked at every Newegg set, looked at Slickdeals at every thread, looked at Onsale refurb prices and much more. I just threw out the box yesterday, so returning it isn't an option, plus the models I saw at better pricing aren't applicable to what I bought for a 30 day price difference since the one I bought is still the same price. But better models for better prices are everywhere. Stupid Murphy and his stupid laws :beer:

You know, there should be a corollary to Murphy's law, applicable to buying electronics.

Electronics appear not to follow Murphy's law, and have almost constant prices until said electronic is purchased; following purchase of said electronic, electronics appear to obey Murphy's law, perhaps even surpassing exponential decrease in price.

Happens to me all the time :bang head

Back