• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me choose ddr3 triple channel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

henzo

I am running the ram in my sig and it refuses to go past 1340-ish without making the overclock unstable. I am stuck running these things at 1266 on a 6x multi @1.66v with lousy timings (not mattering to much to me because of the i7) just to maintain my stability at 4.009ghz.

All the dimms pass memtest86+ for over 6hrs EACH SEPARATELY and combined in triple channel mode. I also took all 3 dimms separately and tested them in each slot (although I didnt run this test for 6 hrs on all 3 dimms in 3 different slots as that would take forever) and tested them for about an hour to and hour and a half like that. Took me nearly 2 days to come to finish all the testing. Nothing is wrong with them per say, but they are not running at rated speeds and I have heard that ocz needs to test them and then they might just send me my old ram back. Who needs that, because its not bad ram, just sux.

Anyway, is there anyone running a triple channel ddr3 kit and an i7 that has some good news for me?

I am looking for a good stable kit that does what the package says it should. I would really like to keep at least ddr3 1600 (PC12800), but my mobo stats it can handle up to ddr3 2000+, so I guess the limit is the price. Which I haven't decided on yet. I really don't want to spend dominator money though guys lol.

Got a couple to start the thread off right, which one of these would be a good starting point for the search?

Corsair XMS3 ddr3 1600

G.Skill ddr31600

or, Patroit Viper ddr3 1600

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
Corsair Dominator DHX

from what i've seen and read works the best with the i7s. they can handle OC pretty easily.

from what i've seen and read works the best with the i7s. they can handle OC pretty easily.

I saw a set of these on the egg and was thinking that they might do if there are no less expensive means of getting stable memory for the i7.

I love how they bundle the Dominator memory with the ABS Canyon lol. They must think that everyone buying Dominator memory is Daddy Warbucks man.

The corsairs or the gskill PI blacks they oc well and will give you some head room. I ran 12gb of the gskills in my rig at 914mhz rock solid stable.

Back