• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with my 650i Ultra Version

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

antec800

Registered
Hey guys, im new to this forum, and i need some help. I have a evga 650i Ultra non-sli. And ive been having problems with it, going over 2.9ghz, and using over 2gb or ram with it, it always bsod's? Well i went on evga and looked a bios update for it, http://www.evga.com/support/drivers/default.asp?switch=2
I saved it on a disc, and put just put the zip folder, that contains the stuff, and pressed y to update, and it said biosed flashed succesful:), then i reboot went into my bios, and saw like 2 new features. I was wondering how do i know what kind of bios version i have, and if its the latest 1?

Well we do usually...

...or at least that is to say I do.

I basically run the joint. (I bought it from some dude named "Skip" j/k :) )

Anyway... :welcome:

What are your current bios settings? A little more information will make it easier to help you.

umm what u mean. U want to know my clock speeds, or something. I always thought i had fsb holes or something?

When you are first booting it will list your Bios version . Also CPUZ will tell you .
have you ran Memtest to check your ram ?
Are your Timmings set right and the ram voltage ?
What Heat sink are you using on the CPU and how much voltage are you giving it .

400fsb(or 1600 on your mb ) X 8(your multi ) @ 1.35ish volts should give you 3.2ghz

Well all my voltages are stock. Using the same fan on my Intel E6750 stock 2.6ghz i have it on 3.0ghz and the highest it goes after gaming 2hr to 50c.
92839314.png

ss2n.png

Last edited:
if you ever begin BSOD'ing constantly, tone back the overclocking a little. Some processors really don't take overclocking as well as others, and that can even vary within a product line and family. Honest. I have heard lots of this (two guys, identical setups; one could overclock to 3.0 GHz stable, the other could not breach 2.5 without ..not getting to POST.)

Well my computer is verystable no crashing what so ever at 3.0ghz. I think upgrading the bois helped alot. But what about putting over 2gb and it start bsod? I tested all ram they all work perfect?

Well this is a first, its stable at 3.2ghz at the same stock voltages all auto. But right when i put another 1gb same corsair ram, computer restarted byitself 1min later. And then wont boot up, unless i took it out.

Do you have your Ram voltage set right cause @ 3.2 you are only runnign your ram @ stock speeds . set your voltage to 2.1v then try 3.2 again

Well 3.2ghz is amazing and stable hasnt crashed 1. But im kinda happy, that i found 1 bad stick, b/c when i put it in with 1 other stick, it bsod. So i took the bad ram out and everything worked good. But when i put the bad stick in, everything worked, fine but then when i turned my pc on, it said windows has to recativiate, due to serious system changes, and i cant use my sam cd key anymore it says its been used to many times wtf. That 1 bad stick, made my programs add wierd, and caused this problem, hate corsair. But i put 3gb in, and sofar everthing is working fine, but xp only shows 2.75wtf?

Well i found the why my pc was bsoding. 1 Of my sticks was bad, but when i put that stick in my sisters HP, it doesnt make her pc bsod?

Its stock at 1.9, but the highest my mobo can put it at is 2.1v so i put it to that, and overclocked my ram from 800, to 950. Btw i can get my cpu to 3.55ghz on stock voltage, thats 100% stable.

Its stock at 1.9, but the highest my mobo can put it at is 2.1v so i put it to that, and overclocked my ram from 800, to 950. Btw i can get my cpu to 3.55ghz on stock voltage, thats 100% stable.

Is that on Auto or you set a voltage ?
When you say it is stable what do you mean ?

For me stable is @ least 50 threads in Intelburn test , 24+ hours of Orthos on smal FFts and 4-5 hours of memtest.

No just doenst even crash, or no errors. My voltages for ram is set to highest 2.1, my FSB is set to highest 1.40, and my nforce spp is set to highest 1.50, but idk about my cpu core, it says 1.40, but when i click on it, it shows like 100 numbers, and the first 1 is like 1.8000, what is this? Btw 3.5ghz is the most i can get out of stock voltage witch is 1.416ghz.

Back