• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stable Overclock... now timings...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shiver_8

Registered
I just got my e8400 stable at 4ghz (444x9) with ram linked 1:1. Thing is, I needed 1.36 vcore on the dot and needed to make my ram timings as loose as bios allowed (6-7-7-31/2T) So now that I know for sure my overclock is stable, I need to get my timings right so it is an actual useful overclock. I have 2x2gb ocz reaper 8500 (1066) sticks right now at 889. If someone has any reccomendations for timings that would be awesome. I currently have a tiny Zalman 7500 hsf which gives me 32 idle and 58 load, but I just ordered a Xigmatek HDT-S1283 so my temps will be down quite a bit. If I can get this 4ghz stable with good ram timings, I am planning to attempt 4.2 and then leave it at that.(I have actually already done it with the same loose ram timings in a 30 min OCCT stress test, but my vcore was around 1.41 and the temps were too high to leave with the Zalman, they were around 68, gotta wait for the Xiggy.) Anyways, can anyone help me out with these timings? Thanks!:)

Without knowing which MB you're using, we don't have any idea as to what particular RAM settings are available in your BIOS.

OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC 4GB Edition
EPP 5-5-5-18 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)

Assuming you have at least these DRAM options available, give these settings a try at the current DRAM Frequency of 888MHz...

Code:
CAS# Latency (tCL): 5
RAS# to CAS# Read Delay: 5
RAS# to CAS# Write Delay: 5
RAS# Precharge (tRP): 5
Precharge Delay (tRAS): 15
All Precharge to Activate: 6
Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC): 54
Performance Level (tRD): 8 at an FSB of 444MHz (333/667 NB strap; 888MHz DRAM Freq.)
Write to Precharge Delay: 14
Write to Read Delay (tWTR): 11
Act to Act Delay (tRRD): 3
Read to Write Delay (tRD_WR): 8
Read to Precharge (tRTP): 3
All Precharge to Refresh Delay: 6

Last edited:
Back