• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best and biggest Ebay alternative?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

I didn't know where else to post this question, ebay is a vendor! (of your stuff), so I figured here would be appropriate.

I'm so tired of ebay, they want to charge me even if my item doesn't sell, are you kidding me? If it does sell they take on top of that? They got too greedy for me and I'm moving. Which site is the 2nd biggest auction site?

Edit: I'm thinking amazon.

I've been looking around too and there aren't any great alternatives. CL is ok but it's all 'zomg local' and though you will get messages to ship stuff there's no credibility or monitoring system at all. That can make for a much smaller audience than ebay. I checked Amazon only briefly, maybe someone can correct me, but their fees are way higher than even ebay+paypal. Ebay always took a listing fee regardless of if an item sold though :confused: in fact that particular area is better now then it used to be because insertion fees are lower.

The best viable alternative to get a wide audience is enthusiast forums or other sites that are dedicated to a particular kind of thing.

I don't know if uBid is the biggest or best alternative--but it is an alternative.

http://ubid.com/

What is nice about uBid is that it is mostly companies (and not individual sellers) dumping liquidation merchandise and you don't usually have to worry about not getting what was advertised or broken, or late shipping or any of the headaches associated with dealing with individuals.

Back