• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Little Help Setting Ram Timings In Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harleyman

Registered
I have the latest bios flash on this ..

Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6

Hi..Am about to do my first CPU OC...This rig was in a shop and they messed with the ram timings...I was advised to put them to the manufactures recommended settings before OCing my CPU...

I have OCZ p8500 2X2 @ 1066 now.....HOWEVER

Stock timings are ....5-5-5-18 @ 2.1 Volts

Mine are set to.....5-7-7--20 Volts unknown yet?

So..I went into the bios and found the timings..All were set to auto..I changed them to manual and then set the correct timings for each.....

I did not see where the voltages are displayed to check that

I booded in and then entered the bios again...

Nothing had changed in the left colume..My settings were still on the right, but the left colume was still showing the old timings of 5-7-7-20

Question?... How do I make these values stick( something must not be enabled to allow that and I do not know what that might be)

Question?... What do I need to do to see the voltages if they need resetting ? ( again something must need enabeling to see these values) or I have no clue where to look...

My mobo is a Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 Socket 775

Is there a guide somewhere that I can follow to change the timings and voltages somewhere..I have read my manual and come up with nothing, and am scared to change much there as I have no clue what most is or does...LOL

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.....

Back