• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

imposter is having an Eggcellent day :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imposter

So, an AGP card from one of my comps died, so i figured, "why invest in old technology" So went to my favorite site newegg. ordered the following.

1 x ($42.99) MEM 2Gx2|KST KVR800D2N5K2/4G R - Retail $42.99

1 x ($63.50) CPU AMD|A64 X2 7750 2.7G AM2 R - Retail $63.50

1 x ($78.99) MB ASUS M3A78-EM AM2+ 780G/SB700 RT - Retail $78.99

then i found out that that similiar corsair ram was 4GB for 20 bucks after 25$ MIR.

went on newegg chat to cancel the order. They said i couldnt. then they offered me 25$ credit to compensate .

Talk about a company that loves its customers :)

i will always love newegg :)

So, an AGP card from one of my comps died, so i figured, "why invest in old technology" So went to my favorite site newegg. ordered the following.

1 x ($42.99) MEM 2Gx2|KST KVR800D2N5K2/4G R - Retail $42.99

1 x ($63.50) CPU AMD|A64 X2 7750 2.7G AM2 R - Retail $63.50

1 x ($78.99) MB ASUS M3A78-EM AM2+ 780G/SB700 RT - Retail $78.99

then i found out that that similiar corsair ram was 4GB for 20 bucks after 25$ MIR.

went on newegg chat to cancel the order. They said i couldnt. then they offered me 25$ credit to compensate .

Talk about a company that loves its customers :)

i will always love newegg :)

I ordered a noctua cooler, shipping was 10 freaking dollars (noctua cooler plus fan cable, so I can run two fans on one mobo header). It is arriving thursday when I ordered it friday because they shipped it ground.

:bang head

I called newegg and they credited me the shipping cost. Who am I to complain? 1 day late with free shipping? Pfft.

When I ordered my mobo it came with the lame o sound card, but it didn't work. I chatted with them and explained i was happy with the board and didn't want to rma and they instantly gave me 30 dollar credit to my account. It ruled I already had a sound card and the one that was bundled wasn't worth anything to me

When I ordered my mobo it came with the lame o sound card, but it didn't work. I chatted with them and explained i was happy with the board and didn't want to rma and they instantly gave me 30 dollar credit to my account. It ruled I already had a sound card and the one that was bundled wasn't worth anything to me

I usually use my onboard with vent/skype/xfire/etc.

That new ram might be the same as mine. It'll do 400mhz and 5-5-5-14 at 2 volts and 533mhz if you throw the timings out the window (7-8-8-22). It doesn't like much over 2.1 though, gave me a few scares playing dead and all. :O

I picked the stuff up for 40$ after regular rebate back in January.

I've yet to see one of thse motherboards with "off board" sound that doesn't house the codec on the motherboard, still.

:screwy::screwy:

Seems I'm wrong and the codec is supposedly on the daughter board, but I refuse to believe it's all externally located.

I think you're correct.
1706_p5_9.jpg
One tiny little chip, and a dozen small caps.

you are correct the codec itself is on the board-my apologies.....but how do you then, hook up your speakers without audio ports, or do you use the ports on the card solely for ports and use onboard codec w/alternative software vent/skype/xfire/etc.? The card the egg shipped me was doa, and did not work, so i would still need a card to connect my speakers, correct? And also my original point in posting here was not to discuss my sound card but to loudly proclaim I lOVE NEWEGG! just wanted to clarify

Last edited:
Back