• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA 790i Ultra w/8GB x64 crash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timba1210

I'm running 8GB of G.Skill DDR3 1600 (F3-12800CL7D-4GBHZ). The MoBo is an eVGA 790i Ultra SLI (132-CK-NF79-A1). Windows Vista Ultimate x64 installed just fine with all 8GB (4x2GB sticks) in, but when I try to load the newly installed OS, it blue screens before showing the login screen. If I remove all but 1 stick, it runs fine. I can only imagine this to be a chipset driver issue or a BIOS issue. all BIOS settings are set to defaults/auto. I tried installing the lastest driver from eVGA, but still same problem occurs. I'm going to try flashing BIOS later to see if that helps. Anyone have any other ideas on what might cause this?

I had the exact same problem. I have the same mobo and operating system, but 8gb of OCZ ram. The only way around the problem that I found was to run the 2gb until I installed SP1. SP1 solved all memory issues, and ran 8gb fine.

Back