• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Friggin' newegg...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mercalf

Alright, so I've used newegg for years (who here hasn't?) - but they're pushing me with my last purchase.

I started my build by shopping around 2 month ago, refund check came early, I jumped the start (was planning on a summer build). A good majority of my parts were coming from newegg...

Well in the past when I hear about people not getting things, or wrong things - it's always been with large orders: i.e. they'll say "I ordered x, y, z, 6, 6a, 11101000101" etc - and I've usually only ordered 1-2 things at a time from them and have had NO problem, until now..

I ordered this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...DFI LP JR 790GX-M2RS AMD Motherboard - Retail

Received this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI... DK 790FXB-M2RSH ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

I contacted them day one of receiving this.. The lady said she would put in some forms, etc etc - and get back to me via email. A WEEK later I had heard nothing. I called them up, was put on hold 3 times, and was told "Oh, yeah we're waiting for a response from the warehouse." Naturally, I flipped the switch - and went from understanding long-time newegg customer - to ****ed off man who wants his computer out of it's packaging and into the empty case sitting in the corner!!! Well, the best the lady could do was "advance" my process and have me send in my existing mobo and "hopefully you will get the right product this time." No compensation, NOTHING.

Normally I wouldn't care so long as I had my stuff. HOWEVER, this new build is using a part from overseas that is not popular - yet SHOULD be, and I am in close relation to it's maker - and am supposed to be doing a full documented report on all sorts of tests and benchmarks. That's hard to do without a MOTHERBOARD.

My moral of the story: I'm never ordering bulk stuff from newegg again. I'll place individual orders each time so they don't foul it up. I mean, ffs - look at the two products, and tell me the boxes look ANYTHING alike.

Btw... I HAVE to have a MicroATX board otherwise I woulda just kept the more expensive DFI Dark edition and the free money :D

/rant

the last time I ordered everything to build a pc at once it was all screwed up, wrong mobo, mem and case and the part numbers weren't even close, after that I've never put more than 2 items on an order at a time, I guess they must get easily confused over there, I bet a majority of the warehouse workers probably ride the short bus to work everyday

the last time I ordered everything to build a pc at once it was all screwed up, wrong mobo, mem and case and the part numbers weren't even close, after that I've never put more than 2 items on an order at a time, I guess they must get easily confused over there, I bet a majority of the warehouse workers probably ride the short bus to work everyday

ROFL (I really wonder why that is?...)

As Metallica would say - Sad but true....

Funny. I ordered a bulk order on Feb 6, 2009 and everything came as it was suppose to. and everything worked.

I'd strike it up to human error. These things happen and nobody is perfect. That having been said, the complete lack of a follow up is ridiculous. I know that it doesn't help the situation, but I'm sure that when the resolution is made, it'll be good(at least I hope so).

I'm sorry for your trouble, but I've never had any issues with the Egg. I hope that they make it right for you, and fast.

that blows. Got most of the stuff for my **** today as planned and the rest of it comes monday. Ordered it on tuesday night so you would think it would be here by friday but newegg was like oh well, not a big deal. im in no hurry. but its nice when your stuff comes sooner than expected. Sounds like you got a case of some real F'd up Customer service.

My moral of the story: I'm never ordering bulk stuff from newegg again. I'll place individual orders each time so they don't foul it up. I mean, ffs - look at the two products, and tell me the boxes look ANYTHING alike.

They are consecutive part numbers that differ only by one digit.
Instead of an 056, you can got an 057. Figures.

I worked a short stint at Amazon, it's easy to see how orders can get mixed up. Not saying that makes it right, but it happens.

Picture yourself as a dog in an Alaskan sled race, that will kind of give you an idea how fast the packers move. Running around with little miniature shopping carts and only seconds to grab what is needed for the order before moving onto the next order.

It's hard to go into detail, but just saying there is a lot involved to the order process and human error is and will continue to happen. At least the Egg is going to correct the issue.

Order mix up happens, yes, we all know this. Thats fine, but the customer service lacked for the OP and thats I think where hes upset.

Yes, its frustrating when a mixup happens, but it makes people angry when the CS behind the mixup is **** poor, and it seems newegg is getting worse :(

I remember when I ordered from them 8 years ago (about). They catered to people like us. IMO, I think they got big because of the small, yet large, group of computer enthusiests. Word of mouth is a wonderful thing, and I know I recommended newegg to anyone and EVERYONE who wanted computer parts.

I remember express saver shipping used to be free, youd have your stuff in 3 days, and it didnt cost $2.99 to get your things shipped out the same day (as long as you ordered by about 3pm PST).

I am almost over newegg, not quite though.

yeah i think newegg is getting alittle too comfortable with itself.
mainly theyre customer service has been pretty non-existent...im wondering if they bought out some smaller third party call centers or cs places and hired them.
The few ive dealt with were not completely up to par from what i was used to dealing with on Newegg, they kind of made it out it like it was an inconvenience to them to help me out.

OP; the error should have never happened considering from what i understand their entire warehouses are completely automated and the packers just make sure and verify the contents by Label/UPC numbering system...cuz when you place the order it goes into their system and then the automated system tells the packers exactly where it is and what exactly it is. so eithe rit was stocked incorrectly or something along those lines.

However a week later and no response, thats the kind of things ive been noticing from newegg with their service.

Honestly I had a hard enough time trying to find their Live Help and Email contact page...its not apparent as it used to be...i took that as a hint as they dont really want to bother, while not all of newegg is bad, just its been outweighed alot lately.

good luck OP, hopefully you get the right item this time! i remember when i had an issue theyd send out a new one and i just ship back the old/wrong one at the same time and less down time.

so far, the Egg is still bette rthan most other competitors ive tried out recently =\

Order mix up happens, yes, we all know this. Thats fine, but the customer service lacked for the OP and thats I think where hes upset.

Yes, its frustrating when a mixup happens, but it makes people angry when the CS behind the mixup is **** poor, and it seems newegg is getting worse :(

I remember when I ordered from them 8 years ago (about). They catered to people like us. IMO, I think they got big because of the small, yet large, group of computer enthusiests. Word of mouth is a wonderful thing, and I know I recommended newegg to anyone and EVERYONE who wanted computer parts.

I remember express saver shipping used to be free, youd have your stuff in 3 days, and it didnt cost $2.99 to get your things shipped out the same day (as long as you ordered by about 3pm PST).

I am almost over newegg, not quite though.

yeah i think newegg is getting alittle too comfortable with itself.
mainly theyre customer service has been pretty non-existent...im wondering if they bought out some smaller third party call centers or cs places and hired them.
The few ive dealt with were not completely up to par from what i was used to dealing with on Newegg, they kind of made it out it like it was an inconvenience to them to help me out.

OP; the error should have never happened considering from what i understand their entire warehouses are completely automated and the packers just make sure and verify the contents by Label/UPC numbering system...cuz when you place the order it goes into their system and then the automated system tells the packers exactly where it is and what exactly it is. so eithe rit was stocked incorrectly or something along those lines.

However a week later and no response, thats the kind of things ive been noticing from newegg with their service.

Honestly I had a hard enough time trying to find their Live Help and Email contact page...its not apparent as it used to be...i took that as a hint as they dont really want to bother, while not all of newegg is bad, just its been outweighed alot lately.

good luck OP, hopefully you get the right item this time! i remember when i had an issue theyd send out a new one and i just ship back the old/wrong one at the same time and less down time.

so far, the Egg is still bette rthan most other competitors ive tried out recently =\

That's the newegg that I THINK of when I think to shop - but it's not there anymore. My friend and I were JUST talking about that express saving, and how it doesn't exist anymore. In fact, once the bill passes this summer which will tax each and EVERY good purchased online (yes, it's happening :( ) shipping will become a major factor in purchase prices.

But yes, that's what I was upset with. It's why I was saying "at that point I TURNED into..." - I didn't flip out when it first happened.

Also, the lady told me on the phone that the systems were automated...so the ONLY human-to-package time is spent reviewing the product, so the mix-up shouldn't have happened.

Also - relating to the comment about call center: I think that may be the case because all the lady could do was to give me generic answers until I pushed it. "Sometimes the manufacturer sends us the wrong product." was said about 10 times, until I made it clear that the box isn't brown - and it's contents are not a mistery...so they either HAVE my product, or not. It's on them that they listed it as for sale if they didn't have it.

Well, I'm currently RMA'ing my PSU that I got from newegg, to PC Power (I already sent in the upc for the rebate, unfortunately).

It wasn't until I went to box it up, when I realized that putting the psu back in the psu box, and then that box into the box that newegg shipped it to me in, left no room for peanuts or bubble wrap... at best, a single layer on the top. Basically had the PSU coming to me via UPS ground with practically no padding!

Back