• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Urgent, GA-EX58-UD3R help please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Damned

Sorry for making yet another GA-EX58-UD3R thread but it is rather urgent and I don't want to hijack another thread. Anyway...

According to the motherboard's own manual, and what I know about the board, when using only 1 RAM module it should be used in the first RAM socket (the white one closest to the CPU) and should function without a problem, if anyone here has one of these boards would you please give this a try and let me know if you have any problems. Just basically see if it boots with a single RAM module and seems fine. That's all.

I'm sure it will work but basically I'm looking for some more ammo to use because I've RMA'd one of these boards because it doesn't boot when using 1 RAM module in this first RAM socket, which the motherboard's manual even recommends is the socket to use when only 1 module is used, but they are saying the supplier says this isn't a problem and my patients is running thin.

I have pointed out that manual stated it should work this way and I seem to be getting nowhere but if others with the same board would post that this does indeed work for them I'd have another thing to point to and hopefully speed up this nonsence. Perhaps even pointing to this thread as yet more proof.

Big thanks to anyone that can confirm this as it will be a big help.

Sorry for making yet another GA-EX58-UD3R thread but it is rather urgent and I don't want to hijack another thread. Anyway...

According to the motherboard's own manual, and what I know about the board, when using only 1 RAM module it should be used in the first RAM socket (the white one closest to the CPU) and should function without a problem, if anyone here has one of these boards would you please give this a try and let me know if you have any problems. Just basically see if it boots with a single RAM module and seems fine. That's all.

I'm sure it will work but basically I'm looking for some more ammo to use because I've RMA'd one of these boards because it doesn't boot when using 1 RAM module in this first RAM socket, which the motherboard's manual even recommends is the socket to use when only 1 module is used, but they are saying the supplier says this isn't a problem and my patients is running thin.

I have pointed out that manual stated it should work this way and I seem to be getting nowhere but if others with the same board would post that this does indeed work for them I'd have another thing to point to and hopefully speed up this nonsence. Perhaps even pointing to this thread as yet more proof.

Big thanks to anyone that can confirm this as it will be a big help.

ok,

first things first. Are you OC at all? Do you have any other ram to try out to see if maybe its the ram itself? I have this board. Let me know

The RAM is fine, passes memtest.....

I'm just looking for someone that will try what I asked for more "proof".

The RAM is fine, passes memtest.....

I'm just looking for someone that will try what I asked for more "proof".

ok I will try that today. A little later on today because I need to re seat my HSF anyways. Once I do this I will try to boot with 1 mem stick.

Thanks alot pesty I appreciate it, I'm basically 100% sure it will work, the manual even states using the first slot (the one closest to the CPU) is to be used when using only 1 RAM module.

I would really like to have some more to use against these people not wanting to replace the motherboard.

Back