• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

? About DOMINATOR 6GB DDR3 1866 (PC3 150000) With Asus Rampage II exteme Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nature41

Registered
Any one tried using
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) Triple Channel Kit with an Asus Rampage II extreme board and i7 965 cpu yet? if so did it work, how was it on O/C ing ::: Thanks for any info

Dave

I see no reason why they wouldn't work. Also, all parts are different, your set of RAM may overclock very different than someone else's, you can't really compare easily.

IMO 1600Mhz ram is fast enough on core i7, due to triple channel and the 965 has up to 10x multiplier which works nicely on a 160Mhz bclk, and my memory can get to 1800mhz anyway at around 1.6V. But if that isn't too expensive it will allow alot of flexibility with overclocking.

They should work fine i ran my gskills up to 2050mhz on this board before it died. Just hope you dont have to RMA it like I did:)

Was it perhaps you that killed it? What sort of memory voltages were you using for that? Was it the same G.Skills I am using?

Back