• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-EP45-UD3P Both cores not enabled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

updawg

StarCraft II Fanatic
I have a dual core e8400 that I just bought off these forums and a brand new GA-EP45-UD3P. Well I just moved over my hard drives booted up into Vista (I'm going to do a fresh install later, just testing to make sure everything works) but it only shows in CPU Z and all my temp programs that one core is enabled. Is it because I need a fresh install, a setting in my bios, chipset drivers? I scoured the BIOS and didn't see anything about disabling a core.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This happend to my cuzins board on his dou core, only 1 core was on. HE had to do a fresh install of everything. Or just update ur bios.(flash)

I have a dual core e8400 that I just bought off these forums and a brand new GA-EP45-UD3P. Well I just moved over my hard drives booted up into Vista (I'm going to do a fresh install later, just testing to make sure everything works) but it only shows in CPU Z and all my temp programs that one core is enabled. Is it because I need a fresh install, a setting in my bios, chipset drivers? I scoured the BIOS and didn't see anything about disabling a core.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Was the previous Vista install from a single-core system?

Open Device Manager, and expand Computer to find out which HAL is installed.

Yes. In the course of trying to find a solution I found this link:

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/conversation.aspx?messageid=33052826&threadid=32747628

Seems like it should work.

Thanks for all the responses, upon a fresh install all seems to be fixed!

glad you fixed your problem and goodluck with that board its a good one i have overclocked mine yet or even tried but i will once i order a new cooler :santa:

Back