• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

well that's a first

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adragontattoo

Trailer Chasing Senior
got my free rig up and running:
e6600
p5n-SLI deluxe
9800gtx+
4gb of Corasair XMS2 800

all i had to buy was the memory and GPU.

System is idle at about 86F when the ambient is 80F.

I get everything installed and move it to its new home on my desk and it promptly locks up with no info on the event viewer.

and again
and again
and again
and again
and again
ad nauseum.

I start googling for ideas thinking the the MB may be bad in some way or something and I stumble across multiple threads talking about this.

Hmm, I wonder something...

Reboot after a BSOD, go into BIOS and set memory voltage to 1.9 vs Auto. This is at total stock settings FYI.

save and exit BIOS and the system posts and immediately starts into the setup for windows (resetting to default install).

First time I have EVER had to adjust voltage for memory at stock speeds...

What does corsair recommend as the stock voltage?

Some boards undervolt their settings, so that's a possibility. I know my Asus P5K-E at certain memory voltage settings will undervolt by .1v. For instance 2.3v in bios is measured as 2.2v actual.

Subtimings could be a factor as well, if left to auto. It's possible they are running too tight.

Multimeter time maybe?

Back