• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASSISTANCE PLEASE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

paolo

Registered
Hi guys,

Please move this to the correct section if it is not already.

I tried to make a fancy signature with all my specs in it but didn't succeed lol newbie ;p. So i'll start by listing them:

CPU: Intel Q9450 @ 2.66GHz
Heatsink: Xigmatek HDT-S1283
Mobo: ASUS P5E3-Deluxe
Memory: 4x1GB OCZ3P18002GK
GFX: ASUS GeForce 8800GTS DDR3 512
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
HDD: 500GB ST3500320NS Seagate Enterprise
Case: Antec P182

I'll try to make this short as possible.
I built this system little less than a year ago and overclocked it perfectly n has been running fine since last week. I came home after work and found my PC at the DOS screen saying the BIOS settings had been reset F1 to Setup or F2 to load defaults ???
I've never seen this b4 and never had a BIOS reset itself but in fact this is what's happend, me being the lazy a*$ i am didn't record all my OC settings and now i have absolutely noo idea what they were since it took me weeks of researching and tons of Memtesting and Prime95'ing :( Has anybody got similair spec machine to help me overclock at a safe rate. I just want a bit more out of the CPU and the memory timings/FREQ to be as quick as i can get it. PLEASSSEEE LOL. I took this opportunity to purchase 2GB more OCZ RAM so i have 4GB in total - 4 x 1GB sticks.

Sorry for the length once again.

ANY help is greatly appreciated.

Usually you can just hit F1 to go into the BIOS, and your last settings will still be there. Were you able to do that? If not, you may have some work to do. Did you post any of your settings in the Forums, back when you were originally trying to OC it? If so, you could search for your posts by your name.

Heya guys thanks for your replies.. Unfortunately i didnt post anything previously so i've pretty much had to start from scratch trying to get things running at a good optimized rate.. i'm currently memtesting - FSB @ 375 (Q9450 CPU) so im running at 3GHz. DRAM Freq at 1500MHz and the timings are 8-7-7-24 on 2N/2T - how does this sound to you ..? im on 16+ hrs and it seems ok.. any advice on getting it any better.? P.S. Ram is at 1.96V and other voltages are set to auto for now.

Back