• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R-SLI MOBO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrome-187

Has anyone saw any reviews for this new board just released by gigabyte? GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R-SLI, it only runs $209 at newegg!!! Supports crossfire and sli!!! its only 2x 16x16 sli not tri sli but the tri sli boards dont truly support 16x16x16 anyway..so im only interested in the 16x16 board. an extra $50 to be able to have 16x16x8 tri sli doesnt seem worth it to me..and to buy a 3rd video card to only run at 8x...um no thank you...i'd rather have an extra pci slot in place of the 8x pci express slot...i googled but can't seem to find any reviews on this board.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=3018

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128386

Last edited:
Thats the one I ordered from the egg... When it gets here I'm sure I'll be posting up some stuff... ok maybe not... but mine is supposedly sli with the 2 x16 slots .... hmmm... weird

I have the dual pci-e ud3r. It is a very good board and it allows me to go 4.2ghz with my 920 (albeit not stable but for a few select benches). I can run at 4ghz all day long (1.29v 19x211), but it takes alot more volts to get a bootable 4.2ghz though. I might make a 1.48v-ish suicide run and see if I can get 4.5ghz. Make sure you update to the F3 bios when you get it.

Here are a couple of shots at pifast and superpi at 4.2ghz:

superpi1m9sec.jpg

pifast2125sec.jpg

If you have any specific questions about the board, just lemme know.

so you guys have the SLI version? theres two versions of this board, one that supports sli and one that doesn't. didnt know if they were any different besides that. i'm sure they'd use different bio's

Last edited:
I looked up the part number I ordered and it seems its the non SLI one.... not sure what they are shipping tho... when I finally get this board, I'll be sure to report...

yea your prolly not going to get the sli one since there are 2 options..the one w/out sli is cheaper

You never know what the 'Egg will ship tho.... People have gotten all kinds of wrong things and these 2 boards are neck and neck with price and only a little bit off on the stock number. I'll prolly get the X-fire one tho. No biggy I only had the GTX260 ordered cuz I'm only going the one card now. Might move up to a UD5 this winter but not sure... LOL.

Now looking at those boards side by side at the 'Egg, there are only a few differences. The SLI board supports dual and triple channel ram yet lists DDR3 as standard.... hmmm... wonder if these are the same boards just different descriptions? Also the number of internal USB's is different yet on both pictures for each board are identical as far as I can tell. There is also no SLI designation on the box in the pics. I wonder if they are just using a generic photo? I couldn't get it to come up on the Giga site (at work shhhhhhh :p )
I have noticed the 'Egg will have about upteen million descriptions for stuff, take a look at the wii games. I was looking and there is no way the wii has 400 games out. 100 per page and 4.5 pages??? Come on... and all the wii plays had different stock numbers... soooo which leads me to believe that it 'could' be the same board. Might be a bios thing too but you never know.
:confused:

Last edited:
Now it won't let me bring up the regular UD3R pictures. I see the SLI tag by the vid card slots on the SLI board but can't get into the other to see what tag or sticker it has but I can see one.

ARGGGGGG... I might have to RMA that board and get the SLI one... LOL.... Finally got Giga to come up. The SLI board supports both X-fire and SLI ... well darn it ...

They are 2 different boards. If you go to gigabyte's website and look for the bios for the sli and non sli boards, they are at different revisions and different betas also.

yup.. you are correct Henzo ... The SLI version supports both X-fire and SLI.... Wish I had seen that like a week ago... oh well... Good thing I'm only using the one 260

yup.. you are correct Henzo ... The SLI version supports both X-fire and SLI.... Wish I had seen that like a week ago... oh well... Good thing I'm only using the one 260

A funny thing happened when I went to update my bios. I downloaded the ud3r sli f3a beta bios and @BioS tells me it is the wrong award file so I go get the f2 non beta one and it says the same thing.

So I go to the non sli ud3r page and get the latest non beta which is F4 and it flashes no problem at all. I have no idea what gigabyte is doing over there, but my board has 2 pci-e slots so I know it is the sli version, I just dont know why the sli bios does not work on my sli board lol.

Cpu-Z still reads me as having 2 x16 pci-e lanes too.

ARGGGGGG... I might have to RMA that board and get the SLI one... LOL.... Finally got Giga to come up. The SLI board supports both X-fire and SLI ... well darn it ...

yep, i agree...for $10 i'd def rma it and get the more versatile board...having the option of running xfire OR sli is a priceless feature imo...

still havent found any reviews on it yet...prolly 2 new for reviews...i think its only been out for a couple days...if you google it, newegg is the only vendor that sales it....well at a decent price...theres about 2-3 other vendors but they want almost $400 for it

looking at both boards tho, they look identical. I did say look.. that means nothing tho for the guts. The one I ordered (Reg. UD3R) has the 2 PCI-E slots (x16) too but wondering if the bios can support both or is that a hardware issue between the SLI and X-fire. I'm not too sure what the exact difference is between them other than manufacturer.

A funny thing happened when I went to update my bios. I downloaded the ud3r sli f3a beta bios and @bios tells me it is the wrong award file so I go get the f2 non beta one and it says the same thing.

So I go to the non sli ud3r page and get the latest non beta which is F4 and it flashes no problem at all. I have no idea what gigabyte is doing over there, but my board has 2 pci-e slots so I know it is the sli version, I just dont know why the sli bios does not work on my sli board lol.

Cpu-Z still reads me as having 2 x16 pci-e lanes too.

when did you get this board? its not been out for long at all. where did u buy it from..on your retail box or the receipt where u bought it from will say the model number...if it does not say sli in the model number you do not have the sli version

you can not flash the u3dr non-sli with the sli versions bios...the non-sli board was not made for sli, if it were they would not have made the sli model, if it could have been done with a simple bios update, im sure they would have done it, it would have saved them alot of money in manufacturing another board...the u3dr will never work with sli period, i know it sux...i am very tempted to buy the gigabyte u3dr sli version...dual sli/xfire is all i want...until the x58's support 16x16x16 im' not interested in tri sli/xfire boards...

Last edited:
Yeah I don't have the sli board but I thought the x58 did sli/cfx as long as the board had 2 pci-e slots due to the memory controller being moved to the CPU and thus freeing up space. Maybe I was misunderstanding what I was reading, I will try to find it and post it.

To me it doesn't matter because I have an ATi card and was gonna go tri-fire later on, so i'm good.

Yeah I don't have the sli board but I thought the x58 did sli/cfx as long as the board had 2 pci-e slots due to the memory controller being moved to the CPU and thus freeing up space. Maybe I was misunderstanding what I was reading, I will try to find it and post it.

To me it doesn't matter because I have an ATi card and was gonna go tri-fire later on, so i'm good.

yea its a little deceiving...not all x58's have sli/xfire...they have to purchase the license from nvidia and then theres a chip they put on the board for sli to work...all x58's have crossfire cuz its a intel chipset...only the ones that decide to pay nvidia's sli fee are able to get sli on the board...sli is a TM that nvidia is going to try and make money off of to the grave...thats another reason that the sli versions are more expensive is because the manufacturer also has to pay extra to nvidia

well.. This board is a huge advantage I think for the consumer. It has the best of both worlds. I'm seriouslt thinking about RMA'ing mine and grabbing this board. But on the other hand, the shipping would kill me in the end. $25 to ship a motherboard? and that's only one way. :( WOW !!! I'm not sure if I'll need dual cards or not. I really wish I had seen this board before I ordered the regular UD3R....

well.. This board is a huge advantage I think for the consumer. It has the best of both worlds. I'm seriouslt thinking about RMA'ing mine and grabbing this board. But on the other hand, the shipping would kill me in the end. $25 to ship a motherboard? and that's only one way. :( WOW !!! I'm not sure if I'll need dual cards or not. I really wish I had seen this board before I ordered the regular UD3R....

newegg will send you a pre paid shipping label..so its no cost to you actually :) even if you did have to ship it (which u dont) i've shipped over 50+ motherboards and it only cost $10-12...but like i said newegg will send u a shipping label for free neway :beer::beer:

Back