• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 corsair mem question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-Blue-

hi, im looking around and noticed this..

corsair dominator 3x2 8-8-8-24 (199 Euros) has actually gone down.. it was 256 about 2-3 weeks ago.

yet i've seen other brands like ocz, gskill with same kits and timings for much cheaper and it's not like those are crappy.. what makes the corsair ones have that price tag compaired to the others?(i've seen up to 100 euros diference, and thats a lot ) are they that much better? now with the drop in price the diference is not that much but they are still around 50 euros more expensive.

thanks

Could be better heatinks, it may come with that fan, and it may be better quality. Just look at the ratings or popularity or each ram.

I am very happy with G.Skill, and I believe they have just as much quality if not more than corsair. I thought Corsair were cheaper, they were on ddr2 anyway.

i'm happy with my gskills too but if i change to an i7, the gskills are hard to find here in spain... not sure if the heatsink they have is worth an extra 50-100 extra even if they come with the fan thingy they have..

Back