• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tokyo vendors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-Blue-

hi there.. is there anyone from tokyo who could tell me which is the best place to buy components? i have my mom visiting, my dad and my bro over there and i wanted to compare the prices of i7 parts with the prices here in spain to see if it's worth buying them over there.. or buy some there and some here.. i was looking for

i7 920
p6t deluxe
and the dominator 6gb kit

thanks (domo :) )

There should be a bunch of stores down in akihabara, along with cosplayers everywhere and all that. I don't know the exact names of stores and all seeing as I haven't been to the holy land there, yet. :(

Well, never having been there, I can't tell you exactly where to go, but you can get a baseline idea by checking Sofmap, T-Zone, Dospara, Clevery and such.

I do understand from the couple people I know who have been there, that you shouldn't really expect miracles on newest-generation parts (compared to US prices, anyway), the main attraction is on stuff that's hard to find/unavailable in your own country, and also used equipment. They do say, though, to get off the main Akiba strip, there are bazillions of places in alleyways and upper floors, and apparently a whole section that's pretty much nothing but little mom-and-pop PC/electronics shops.

well from those sites i've been able to see that compared to spain.. the i7 920 is 50 euros cheaper more or less.. in exchange the p6t del is about 50 euros more expensive... and the 6gb dominator kit is about 20 euros cheaper...

so there is some advantages to buying some parts over there..

thanks for the help

edit: actually even the mobo is cheaper from that last site... i would be saving up to like 100 euros or so in total.. not too bad..

Last edited:
well from those sites i've been able to see that compared to spain.. the i7 920 is 50 euros cheaper more or less.. in exchange the p6t del is about 50 euros more expensive... and the 6gb dominator kit is about 20 euros cheaper...

so there is some advantages to buying some parts over there..

thanks for the help

edit: actually even the mobo is cheaper from that last site... i would be saving up to like 100 euros or so in total.. not too bad..

If your just going because its cheaper, then take a trip to the US then.

Stay for a week and order some stuff from newegg, or take a trip down to microcenter. Of course, that is the only reason to be here. There are other things to do in japan, but absolutely nothing here, unless you like watching cars go in circles. :)

Disregard that, I can't read.

Last edited:
Back