• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going over 1600 fsb (approved on board)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

korin

Ok I am a newbie in OC and I have an Asus P5K-SE/EPU with a Q9300 cpu.

The limit stated by Asus is 1600 fsb, however I can oc the board to at least 1800 fsb (have not tested for stability yet). What is wrong with this picture? :confused:

Should I be worried if I increase the FSB above 1600? What should I be looking to cool if I do?

Anyone know what the limit for the board is or is it a random chance thing? It seems to follow and like an increase by multiple of 25 mhz....

Thanks

I think Asus just gives the highest speed they have tested with results within their margin of error. On my Asus P5B Deluxe, the highest rated FSB is 1066. I have had my P5B / E6400 running at 2000 FSB without problem for the past year+.

As far as cooling, you want to cool the north bridge when increasing the FSB. In addition, as you increase the CPU speed, obviously you will want to cool the CPU.

Back