• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rampage Formula bottom 3 sata ports dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Automiketic

My rig is listed in my sig. everything was running stock and i wasnt even doing anything but browsing the internet when i heard a pop and my screen went black. the screen came back but i immediately shut down the computer. when i turned it back on i had a boot error. found out that my bottom 3 sata ports are no longer working. i have no clue what happened as i see no visual evidence of anything broken or exploded. the computer seems to be running fine now but the sata ports on the bottom are no longer working(1,3&5). any idea what might have caused this and should i be worried about the system taking anything out? any info is greatly appreciated.

might try clearing cmos and the seeting up opions again
Rich

That's what I recommended over the phone to him. Clear the cmos and use 1 hdd to test each SATA port. Clear cmos after each test.

Kinda odd as only time something in my mobo exploded ( popped) was on my new NF7s back in the day.

didnt check the back of the motherboard yet ill try and pull it out later tonight i did try clearing the cmos to no avail. ill post back as i try more options.

Back