• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Highest FSB on P5K Black Pearl?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

redwraith94

I have been able to run mine as high as 480 mhz, but it isn't stable. I've adjusted the multi down to 6 from 8, and also have tried some new 1066 DDR2 sticks (Patriot Viper)

So what is the highest FSB that you guys have heard of on this board, I am looking to upgrade the processor, and the best oc to date is in my sig.

I have gotten it to boot, and be usable at 3.8 Ghz, but it is only really stable at 3.6

So what do you think?

it could be your cpu, my deluxe doesnt like much more then 533. but 530 is rock solid.. in the end it only went 15mhz further then my old p5b deluxe wifi heheh.

I must have the worst one out there. Mine isn't stable over 458mhz! I've tried multiple cpus and have spent dozens of hours testing different settings.

I must have the worst one out there. Mine isn't stable over 458mhz! I've tried multiple cpus and have spent dozens of hours testing different settings.

Makes me happy I have a P5Q at 515mhz... Haven't been able to get over that... though I am trying for 545mhz...

This is my last Asus board though. I'm going back to Gigabyte.

Every now and then you have to do something just to remind yourself why you stopped doing it.

why gigabyte, whats wrong with asus? does gigabyte have that performance level setting like my rampage, and other newer asus boards have? i really dislike that feature..

gigas have always looked like someone chewed crayolas and barfed on a board to get the colour scheme, thats my only qualm..

^ I've had really good results with gigabyte in the past, above all other manufacturers. To be honest, performance is more important to me than color; I don't have a case window these days.

Back