• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacing Intel board, new to OC'ing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Gigabyte boards you listed are good options. Unless $$$ are extremely tight I'd go for the UD3P as it will give you more options down the road if you needs change and with the rebate isn't a whole lot more. I always find myself somewhat disappointed with MSI boards. They always seem to just miss the mark for me, whether lacking enough granularity in voltage options or missing that last little bit of stability.

Took your advice Evil

I ended up getting it from Amazon. It was $129 with Free shipping and I always get things next day when I order from them.

I figured the $129 was a good deal for the speed (not that newegg is slow, just that for me, amazon is faster). With the price of shipping, Newegg would come to $143. Then take off the $20 MIR, but add back $2 because I would have done the No-Wait MIR, I only paid $4 more and get it next day. Seems worth it to me (Oh and I don't have to wait for the MIR)

http://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-GA-EP45-UD3P-LGA-Intel-Motherboard/dp/B001HH2WE2/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1

Well, I had to go talking up Amazon's speed. I normally would have expected my item to be delivered in about 2 hours from ordering yesterday, but for some reason the order shows that it wouldn't even ship until the 16th. Their page shows that it's in stock, so I don't see why there would be a week long wait?! But I just canceled the order and will probably order from newegg (after I shop around to make sure it's not cheaper somewhere else)

For myself I rarely have any luck with amazon.com. Everything I go for is out of stock or significantly higher priced than the price search engine would lead one to believe. I rarely even bother with their site anymore.

Good luck with the giga board!

I ended up going with the UD3R

I know, I know, the P wasn't much more etc, but money WAS really super tight and I didn't want to wait any longer.

Anyway, I put the new board in and hooked everything up and voila! Works like a charm. I'm really liking the Gigabyte board, MUCH better than the Intel board I had.

Now, I'm ready to learn how to OC this sucker ;)

I just got my UD3P an hour or so ago....just backing up things on this install so I can make the swap!

The board is so heavy and pretty! Can't wait to try it out. :)

Back