• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ddr2 800mhz ram that would only work in an AMD system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jarthel

is this possible? I was looking at a US ebay auction where the seller said the pair is specifically designed for AM2 or AM2+. The sticker on the RAM mentions AM2 as well.

I find that hard to believe since DDR2 is a JEDEC spec.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Any thoughts?

I think the seller is an idiot.

That sticker in the picture is about as generic as you can get, probably printed off in his garage, and the image is for "illustration purposes only". But that aside, most likely it was originally meant to specify that it won't work in socket 939 DDR1 systems, rather than it not working in Intel systems.

(I'm assuming I found the auction you were talking about... it matches your description.)

I'd avoid it, though, regardless of what's going on... seems pretty sketchy to me.

psh , thats like SLI memory ... lol

"only" made for SLI setups.

SLI memory means that it just got the thumbs up from nVidia you know kinda a value added feature. It will run on any system it just has a seal of approval.

And as to the OP I think the guy selling that memory is one of those guys you see on TV swearing he was abducted by aliens because he was too drunk to remember what happened and does not want his wife to know he was drinking.

back in the day there was some high density memory modules that would give some intel chipsets a hard time, sometimes you'd only see 1/2 the total memory you have installed, but that was years ago.

Yeah I had some stripped and dumped an old system had a 256 SDR-133 and put it into a P3 system thinking that with the 128 that was in there I would get 384!! oh well I only ended up with 256 megs.

Back