• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P6T vs UD3R vs T3eH6 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Browser

Registered
I've been trying to find a decent cheap 1366 board but I'm not sure which of these to go for, Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R, LANPARTY DK X58-T3eH6, ASUS P6T (NOT Deluxe)

The UD3R is the cheapest but the other's aren't that much more expensive and support both SLI and CrossFire and accommodate more RAM modules. So I'm kind of leaning away from the UD3R.

If anyone here had to choose between these which do you think you'd take?

Hmmm I can't seem to make a poll which would have been nice unless I'm missing something.

:beer:

I chose the DFI myself. Haven't done much too it yet though as I am waiting for my WC setup to arrive. Temps are just too much for me on air imo. From the reading I have done, most all the X58 boards OC about the same, it's the chip(or its heat more like it) that is the limiter on your OC in most cases.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm kinda leaning away from the UD3R since it only has 4 RAM slots and doesn't have both SLI and CrossFire which I think is a nice option to have. Thinnnngking about going with the P6T since I haven't had an Asus for a long time and only see good reviews about it, going to be nice to finally get it all going.

There are 2 versions of the UD3R - SLi and Normal.
Last checked, both were for the same $209 at newegg.

I think you could just spruce up a bit more and go for the EVGA X58. Its clocking on par with the best till now.

Wouldn't mind the EVGA X58 except it's alot more expensive than those other 3 here.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm kinda leaning away from the UD3R since it only has 4 RAM slots and doesn't have both SLI and CrossFire which I think is a nice option to have. Thinnnngking about going with the P6T since I haven't had an Asus for a long time and only see good reviews about it, going to be nice to finally get it all going.

ummmm did you overlook my post above? the ud3r sli version does support sli (hence the word sli in the model#)...i gave u the link above to newegg....

http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=3020 heres the link to gigabyte on this board

Hey chrome, no I didn't overlook your reply, the thanks was to you too. It's that I didn't see any mention of CrossFire support on that newegg link so I presumed the two versions had either CrossFire or SLI, though I do see it's supported on the Gigabyte link you gave. Though newegg isn't an option for me and none of the places here yet sell it.

I have to say it's rather daft of Gigabyte to name it SLI when it also has crossfire since the standard UD3R only has CrossFire I presumed this only had SLI especially when I didn't see any mention of CrossFire. Makes me wonder if they rushed getting the UD3R out which alone makes me less eager to get one.

Thanks again :beer:

If S3 sleep mode is important to you at overclock speed, consider the Gigabyte. I tried Asus P6T Deluxe, and EVGA X58 before going to my Gigabyte UD5, due to the Giga being the only MB that would wake from S3 sleep mode reliably at overclock speeds. I'd be curious if the DFI MB wakes ok from sleep mode at overclock speed.

I don't use sleep at all personally but I know one of the bioses I have flashed listed S3. Skimmed over it though as I don't use it myself. I'm pretty short on time to get to my rig this week but I'll try to remember to test out sleep mode and post back.
I can't speak for any other X58 mobo personally but I am more than satisfied with my DFI.

Back