• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA X58 Classified officially announced!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is there any rhyme or rhythm on this onslaught of illfitting names? Did all these marketing departments of all motherboard manufacturers get together and decided to "one team, one fight" this? Next thing we know, we will have things like the "X58 Gladiator" which will have a shield for a heatsink, the "X58 Where's Waldo" where you have to find the one red/white cap, maybe even the "X58 Stealth" where every single component will be jet black, possibly even the "X58 Prius" which will have an LCD that will you show the percentage of power you are saving by using that particular motherboard over other standard X58 motherboards. :bang head

On the other hand, that motherboard does look pretty badass. :)

Is there any rhyme or rhythm on this onslaught of illfitting names? Did all these marketing departments of all motherboard manufacturers get together and decided to "one team, one fight" this? Next thing we know, we will have things like the "X58 Gladiator" which will have a shield for a heatsink, the "X58 Where's Waldo" where you have to find the one red/white cap, maybe even the "X58 Stealth" where every single component will be jet black, possibly even the "X58 Prius" which will have an LCD that will you show the percentage of power you are saving by using that particular motherboard over other standard X58 motherboards. :bang head

On the other hand, that motherboard does look pretty badass. :)

LOL, nice one :beer: hey, it may not clock any better but it sure does look expensive and the name in itself makes all other mobos shrivle up in the corner and short circuit..atleast they done away with those ugly butt white pci slots and blue memory slots...finally they made a board that is color coordinated, lol

I take my previous statement back. The board has not officially released. It was setup so those that were nearing the end of there step-up could go ahead and get in line before there step-up expires. Name another company that is willing to do something like this? I still have over 2 months left on my step-up but i went ahead and got in line today.

thats a big "if" lol, If we do see one, it may not be until Intel releases their Larrabee(speculation.. not really based on anything). BUT it would be awesome to see one with the hydra and support for 3-way sli/CrossfireX(and quad, of course >=))

Hello all,
Im new to the forum. Ive been sitting on my I7 965 for about a month now. on the 24th i should receive my case-Thermaltake VG4000SWA Xaser. and power supply-Kingwin Mach 1 Modular 1000-Watt.
Just a few minutes ago I purchased the EVGA X58 Classified.:clap:, Im excited about putting this together. Still have ram to go and vid card, but this is a johnny cash special...one piece at a time.
My p-4 D8654Perl has been a good puter, But its time to build a new one.

Mac, I hope your Classified has arrived in perfect condition by now. Please post your thoughts as soon as you get your build up and running!

My board just came in about an hour ago. I got one off of EVGA.com before they sold out of their latest batch last Tuesday.

Pics of "mah" Classified:

Any other Classified owners happy with their board? I've heard nothing but praises, aside from some high NB temperatures. Now I need to go open this box up and see if the beast inside is in tip-top shape.

Back