• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory won't take a divider

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BenF

I've been running into a weird problem. I've haven't done much to fix it as it wasn't that big of a deal but its starting to annoy me. Anyway, on the rig that is my sig, I haven't been able to change the divider on my memory no matter what the fsb is set at. The memory is kinda stable between 1000 and 1150 at 2.2v but I crash periodically when gaming which annoys me. I'm certain that the memory is the culprit for those crashes as ddr2 800 rarely (if ever?) is stable at those clocks. So I've repeated gone in to change the divider from 1:1 to 2:3 or 4:5 so that I'd be able to push my cpu more (its really starting to show its age). That is a no go...I can't even get it to post. Just turns on, black screen, and hangs there and my usb ports 'die', my mouse turns off along with my keyboard and joystick. Even if I have my divider set to auto (yuck!) it won't post if its not at 1:1. Any ideas on what is going on and what I can do to fix it? I'm running the latest bios for my board off of biostars site, but even with a old one the problem was still there. Oh yeah, my timings are set to 5-5-5-15 with everything else on auto.

Well, that doesn't really fix my problem. I also don't need more memory right now, when gaming I use about 1gb total (running a tweaked version of xp), and I don't do that much multitasking. I'll have ventrillo open, and firefox with 3-5 tabs. The speed of it isn't also that much of a concern for me, I just want it to take a divider so I can ramp my fsb up.

If all else fails I might pick up a new set but thats really my last resort.

If you don't have the Deluxe version of the board, every divider other than 1:1 is flakey past an FSB of about 300MHz.

Ok thats good to know. Now I've got a question. If I have ddr2 800 ram, and I put a 333fsb cpu in my mobo, would the ram I have right now work?

Back