• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which is the best cooler for CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jipris19

Registered
Hello guys. I need help to choose which cooler it’s better to OC my CPU . I have a Q6600.
My mobo is asus striker II formula 780i. I need to OC my CPU to maximum performance for games. Thks… :attn:

Tuniq - rather old now, idk
Coolermaster V8 80 bucks
ThermalRight Ultra 120 EXTREME 60 bucks
IFX-14 75 bucks
or watercooling.

with the thermalright products you MUST lap the base. and add some high power fans ( maybe a 255CFM Delta fan?) since you want MAX performance and "dont care about noise?"

A question like that could get you a lot of diffrent answers due to personal preferance...
Personally I like the OCZ Vendetta 2 cooler, works great for the price. But also I believe water cooling is best and Phase change would be a dream.

why is this in extreme?

and if you want to go extreme you can go phase which will cost upwards of $500

Limit??? Not nessasarly,, my P5Q will let me overclock my processor 400% in bios,, not that I would ever reach that with phase change, cascadeLN2 maybe (not!!) LOL

that doesnt mean the motherboard will handle it. Its just the limit of the setting in the BIOS.

that doesnt mean the motherboard will handle it. Its just the limit of the setting in the BIOS.

Its not the settings, its the chipset. The 780i will definitely be a limiting factor of the overclock if your to the point of phase change. Of course, if you can pay for phase change then you should be able to afford a proper P45 board. :)

Back