• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone using DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel with your i7's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got a set of 1600, but am running it at 1507 because they dont want to do 1800+. 1507 has me at 4GHz, so you should be good to go with 1333 plus a little boost.

The sticks you got are rated for 1.5v, so you have some headroom to work with.

*face palm* :O

i would have gotten the OCZ's personally.... im planing on getting the 3x1 gig kit DDR3-1333 [email protected],Gold series. most of what i have read online, they will do DDR3-1600 [email protected]. i dont see why to pay more for something i can get on cheaper sticks. plus the kit im looking at is only $57, i cant complain about that!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227369

*edit*
i hate to break it to ya
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227381
would have been a better choice for the $$, imo

I have the ocz gold 7 7 7 1600 and it is nice also have some corsair cheap 1333 that will do 1920 at 10 9 9 with 2t can get the ocz to 1950 9 9 9 1t. have actually had the ocz at 2000 with a 1t but seems it is slower there.

LOL? bit of a step down don't you think? lol?

Yeah but i wanted the GTX 285. And beside as my PC stands atm it's total overkill for what i use it for.Burning and ripping movies/Downloading and burning music watching netflixx and gaming.But im still gonna go 1366 very soon and when i do my GF will get this mobo/ram and ill get her a E7300 cpu and a 9600GT/9600GSO and a new case.Im gonna start buying parts next month.Mobo frist then ram and then ill sell my Q9650 put that money towards a i7 920 or 940

Last edited:
Yeah but i wanted the GTX 285. And beside as my PC stands atm it's total overkill for what i use it for.Burning and ripping movies/Downloading and burning music watching netflixx and gaming.But im still gonna go 1366 very soon and when i do my GF will get this mobo/ram and ill get her a E7300 cpu and a 9600GT/9600GSO and a new case.Im gonna start buying parts next month.Mobo frist then ram and then ill sell my Q9650 put that money towards a i7 920 or 940

jeez seems like a long winded process, i would have just jumped straight into the deep end instead of beating around the bush :D....even if it meant waiting a month or so.

True it is but i have to do it so the old lady/GF doesnt flip out.If i go and blow $700 bucks in one shot she gets very upset with me..lol$300 is about the limit and even then she is not happy.But right now im pretty happy with my computers performance.

Dam i spent more than it would of cost me to go i7 im such a tard:bang headBut then id be running a PCI FX5200 til i got the money for a new video card..lol

Last edited:
True it is but i have to do it so the old lady/GF doesnt flip out.If i go and blow $700 bucks in one shot she gets very upset with me..lol$300 is about the limit and even then she is not happy.But right now im pretty happy with my computers performance.

Dam i spent more than it would of cost me to go i7 im such a tard:bang headBut then id be running a PCI FX5200 til i got the money for a new video card..lol

oh right so its ok for women to spend all the money they want but not men? lol

"but honey that new cpu i bought we can cook on it if the stove ever goes out..."

Back