• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on the Asus P6T Deluxe ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

colt1911

Registered
Does it matter which PCI-E x16 slot that you put your GPU in ? The reason that I ask is I have a Asus Xonar D2/PM soundcard and I'd like to drop my GTX 260 card down one slot so that it's fan isn't coverd by the soundcard.

I'm not certain, but I think it's ok to put it in the next slot but recommended to use the first, though I don't think you should use the last slot as it normally has less lanes/bandwidth than the first two.

You could probably check the manual to make sure though.

In the end though, test your system both ways. it shouldn't matter if performance is constant between both configurations. I know I had to use my bottom slot on my DFI nf4 sli-dr because 200 series cards are so long they cover my sata ports. It's only at 8x, but I can't really say there's a loss in performance. No way to test it either, to be honest.

Heh. I tried it but the airflow wasn't enough. Maybe it's because I have a bottom mounted PSU but the only way I can pass Furmark stability tests is if I remove the sound card to completely free up airflow.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=595731&highlight=4850

I'm now in the market for something like a PCIe Xonar to replace my old PCI sound card since I can fit a PCIe sound card in that little slot above the video card.

Back