• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Frequency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aarhine4

Registered
I am new here and i have to say that this is one of the best forums i've been to if not the best, you are all so friendly. That said to my question.

I just put together a new computer, and when i go to see my different system readings it is telling me my ram frequency is 400mhz, i bought ocz platinum 8500 ram and my motherboard is a asus M4A79 Deluxe. I think it should be at 1066mhz but i might be wrong any help would be great. Thank you

Assuming a default FSB of 333MHz w/ a NB strap of 5:6 (333/800 DRAM Speed) = 799MHz; the frequency at which your RAM is at currently. Change the NB Strap / DRAM Frequency setting in the BIOS to 5:8 (333/1066) = 1066MHz.

I suggest you test the ram with a memtest86 boot disc before running at 1066 in windows. I have purchased two sets of OCZ ram in the past two months, one Plats and one Reapers, and neither will do 1066 even with looser than stock timings. You may be better off leaving them at 400MHz.

Good luck with them.

R7:beer:

thanks for your help, i overclocked my fsb so right now i think the memory is up to 450mhz but i have a hard time getting into my bios, i bought a razor keyboard and it doesn't kick on until the last second of being able to press delete so i have to keep restarting to get to it

thanks for your help, i overclocked my fsb so right now i think the memory is up to 450mhz but i have a hard time getting into my bios, i bought a razor keyboard and it doesn't kick on until the last second of being able to press delete so i have to keep restarting to get to it

Some mobos will allow you to change RAM settings from Windows with Memset: http://www.tweakers.fr/memset.html

Back