• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issue with OCZ2RPR10664GK - P5N-E-SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hfresende

Hello,

I'm trying to set up my new OCZ 1066 memory sticks on my ASUS P5N-E-SLI but my system is unstable when it is in dual channel mode.
I Setup my bios manualy to 1066 and voltage 2.1, trfc 54, timings to 5-5-5-18 T2 etc... Also updated my bios to lastest version 1301.

When the memories is in single channel my system shows the memory frequence as 800 instead of 1066.

I'm new in OC... I would like to solve this problem and try to improve my sytem performance...

My processor is Q6600...

Thanks for your help

You may also want to post your question in the OCZ help threads found here
I had some issues with some of their 800MHZ RAM and they were very helpful over there with RMA and suggestions on how to get it working.

I just checked the specs on your mobo though and it looks like 1066 isnt supported unless it has been fixed in a BIOS update. See below

P5N-E SLI
Support Intel® next generation 45nm Multi-core CPU
- Intel® Quad-Core
- Dual-channel DDR2 800/667/533
- Great performance and overclocking
- ASUS O.C. Profile
- ASUS Fanless Design
- 2 IEEE 1394a connector onboard (1 in back + 1 on board)
- 5 x SATA 3.0 Gb/s (including 1 x SATA On-the-Go)
- ASUS Q-Connector

what are your options in the fsb memory section of your bios hfresende? you should be able to run your memory unlinked and choose the speed you want from that section of the bios. you may also try running them in the 2nd and 4th dimms rather than the 1st and 3rd.

Hi all... thanks for your time...

I´m not overcloking yeat! I bought a new cooler today. It takes 2 days to arrive here.
I can try up the northbridge voltage to see if that helps...
I talked to OCZ guys... they asked me to open a Ticket for RMA... but I´m waiting their instructions... btw I would like to check if I did everything that is possible before send the memories for RMA...

Also, I checked the specs and it doesn´t show 1066 support but I saw in some foruns that some guys could use memories at 1066.

I unliked FSB and put it manually to 1066 and also tried running them in the 2nd and 4th dimms rather than the 1st and 3rd, but it still unstable...

I´m in doubt... I´m thinking to replace this mobo, as it is no good to overclock Core 2 Quad... but before that I will be trying everything that is possible...

Cheers

it could be the mb but i would try running memtest86+ on one module at a time just to be sure. that is if you can get one module to run its stock speed and timings. if both modules pass memtest error free it likely is a compatability issue with your mb. if they dont pass youll know for sure you need to rma the memory :(
gl

Hello maxfly..

I run memtest86 on one module at a time and it pass in all tests!!!

but if I run memtest with both modules together, it fails in tests 5,6,7 and 8...

One thing that is strange... If I run both modules in dual channel, in the post, my MOBO shows mem at 1066MHZ, but if I put one module at time, my MOBO shows mem at 800MHZ. My bios is manually set with 1066!

What do you think?

Thanks

well that stinks. my assumption is that your either looking at a bad dimm or your mb just doesnt like that memory :( being that youve already tested them in all four dimms im leaning towards the latter. it may be best to ask ocz to replace your current set with a different set altogether for compatabilities sake. maybe they can give you a suggestion as to what kit would work best with your mb/chipset.

Back