• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to ram > 1.67gz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dofey

Registered
Hey, I've bough 2 pairs of ram.

Attach Files shows spec and everything. At what freq is my ram currently running? And how can I increase it? Anyone willing to teach me the maths?

Attachments

• Uten navn.jpg
    Uten navn.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 60
Your RAM is running 400mhz bus speed or 800mhz DDR (Double Data Rate) speed. To increase the memory speed, either raise the FSB:DRAM ratio or raise the FSB. Right now, you are running a 1:1 ratio of FSB:DRAM. With that chip, I'd suggest pushing the FSB higher to overclock the RAM more.

Ok, I don't wanne screw my eq so what ratio can I keep it at and still be safe?

:)

Ok, I don't wanne screw my eq so what ratio can I keep it at and still be safe?

:)
I'd suggest leaving the RAM in a 1:1 ratio, it won't push the RAM hard and you can get some really nice overclocks with the processor.

Not sure what RAM you have, but you could probably push 500 fsb (1000 DDR2) with them.

Because when we talk about FSB speed we always talk about CPU FSB speed? :D

So I should raise my CPU FSB speed?
From my perspective, I would suggest getting more familiar with your setup before pushing much higher. You are going to be at the point where you need to change voltages. There is no way for anyone to tell you what to run as it varies from system to system, it is purely trial and error. The sticky that I linked in your other thread should go over voltages and stability testing.

Back