• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sandisk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uberwoot

So i bought a jumpdrive not to long ago and it just stoped working. Sent in a e mail to Sandisk and a week later no reply.

Seems like they are refusing to honor their warranty so looks like i only have one option and that is to get the legal system involved. I sent them another e mail giveing them another week to reply before i take legal actions.

I will also be contacting the Better Business Bureau.

Why should i have to call them and use my cell phone min?

Would they reimburse me for that? no. Why should i pony up money just to talk to them. They offer support via e mail yet they don't answer it.

If your that bothered about it costing, if you have a microphone you can phone them VIA skype for free, (their number is a toll free number, you can call toll free numbers, toll free from skype)

unfortunately that isnt unusual. far to many companies fail to respond to email requests. which is why i always email them before i buy...that way i know what kind of service they provide ;)

If your that bothered about it costing, if you have a microphone you can phone them VIA skype for free, (their number is a toll free number, you can call toll free numbers, toll free from skype)

Why should i do that? They have e mail support, well they claim they do. They advertise it to be more correct. I tryed to use this form of support and nothing. Why should i waste my time on the phone i mea if they dont awnser their e mails what makes me think they will pick up the phone? So why would i waste my time sitting on the phone wateing fopr support that will probly never come.

Then dont, but reporting a company to the BBB because their email support alone is bad isnt really fair now is it?

Thinks about it :/

I don't know about anybody else but using the phone has always been the best course of action for me, I've tried emailing people and it usually just gets ignored, or if it does get answered it's incredibly impersonal and I blame that on just how the internet works.

Calling gets you a person, makes it a personal thing and they HAVE to answer your question right there most of the time. The squeakiest wheel gets the grease, yea?

Calling or live chat has always worked great for me for all companies that are large or might be impersonal by email (small personalized vendors like Petra's or Jab-tech being the exception - they are great by any form of communication.)

OK so they answered my second e mail. Lets see if they will honor the warrenty now.

Update.

Guess what they dident reply to my reply. 3 days after the initial week to get the first reply. Problem is not fixed seems like there just trying to burn up time on the warrenty.

BBB has been contacted and im in the process of taking legal actions now.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it goes with all products, but I think I had to register my sansa mp3 player and had no problems at all with their warranty. Did you have to register that jump drive as well?

Sucks to here what you're going through since they've been pretty helpful for me. :/

For the arguement both sides are right. If they have a support e-mail address they should reply to requests in a timely manner. Phone calls always give better results though.

I'm not sure if it goes with all products, but I think I had to register my sansa mp3 player and had no problems at all with their warranty. Did you have to register that jump drive as well?

Sucks to here what you're going through since they've been pretty helpful for me. :/

For the arguement both sides are right. If they have a support e-mail address they should reply to requests in a timely manner. Phone calls always give better results though.

Yeah i registerd it

Again, have you tried CALLING? This probably could have been resolved already rather than being hardheaded about the situation.

geez, it's people like you who ruin it for people who have problems and legitimately TRY to get it resolved.

Four tips for you:

1. Forget the BBB, they can't do ANYTHING but file a complaint and a company the size of SANSA wouldn't even take a second to laugh at the BBB

2. Get real, a lawyer over a flash drive? What next? You going to sue the next time you get a stale gumball from a machine?

3. Don't be such a jerk. By the tone of your thread here, I'll bet your e-mail wasn't a very nice one.

4. Pick up the damned phone. Sansa is a good company that makes good products. E-mail support sucks at all companies.

geez, it's people like you who ruin it for people who have problems and legitimately TRY to get it resolved.

Four tips for you:

1. Forget the BBB, they can't do ANYTHING but file a complaint and a company the size of SANSA wouldn't even take a second to laugh at the BBB

I laugh at you trolling in a thread

2. Get real, a lawyer over a flash drive? What next? You going to sue the next time you get a stale gumball from a machine?

I can do what i want. Last time i check America was a free country.

Its the fact they are breaking the law. if you dont like it dont post

3. Don't be such a jerk. By the tone of your thread here, I'll bet your e-mail wasn't a very nice one.

My email was fine. Who are you to say what i sent them.

4. Pick up the damned phone. Sansa is a good company that makes good products. E-mail support sucks at all companies.

No they have online support i chose that option. Why dont you call them for me and stop trolling.

Still no reply.

Email was sent directly to a lvl 2 rep 2 dys ago.

No reply from the rma request from the 13th.

IMO, you are being completely unreasonable in your stance of email support is the only option you are willing to try. You don't want to use your cell phone minutes because that is somehow more unreasonable than referring them to the BBB over unanswered email? Fine, go to a friends house and borrow their phone (if they have VoIP then likely any calls made in the US are free of charge). Although I would also suggest you upgrade your phone plan to one that has a certain number of included minutes like most cell providers offer as default packages nowadays so that you aren't paying by the minute.

In case you are unaware, most companies, and even most ISPs, use spam filters on their emails. Unfortunately, this means that sometimes real emails like the ones that you send can get flagged as potential spam and get filtered out so that it doesn't even make it to the email clients of whoever would normally respond. It could be this simple for what is happening to you. They may be responding to everyone else just fine and not even realize you have sent something to them. Maybe someone accidentally set something on their side that flagged anything as coming from your email system ( meaning like [email protected]) as being spam. Who knows? And yes, I understand that it isn't YOUR fault if their system is flagging you as spam (unless of course you are using an email address that sounds spammy...you could try setting up a different email address from your ISP since you get multiple boxes on most....something like [email protected] or [email protected] or whatever). If you are using a mass email provider like yahoo or gmail or similar and if you have a strangely spelled name, nickname, or foreign sounding name in your email address these are things that could easily put you into spam filters. I deal with some customers that their email address gets picked up by the Barracuda system sometimes and not other times. With the email, unless it gets bounced back to you, you have absolutely no way to tell if it has actually made it to somewhere it can be seen or not.

Still, it all boils down to the fact that you DO have another means to contact them and you have not even tried. That is almost the definition of being unreasonable.

No they have online support i chose that option.

Your response there is puzzling. Let's say you were trying to enter a building through a door and the door said that you could open it by pushing it open or by pulling it open. Either way would open the door. You decide you want to enter by pushing the door open. For some reason, the door will not open when you push on it. Maybe a rock is stuck in it, maybe it is just broken. Doesn't matter why, you just keep pushing on it to try to get inside. Instead of taking the other option it lists and trying to pull the door open, you decide that is unacceptable and continue to try to push the door open. Others come along and pull the door open to get inside and recommend that you do the same as it will allow you to get inside the building but you refuse, stating that if you cannot enter by pushing the door open (even though this may have worked every other day) then they shouldn't put that as an option. Meanwhile, at the end of the day, you are left standing outside of the building still trying to push your way through the door. It doesn't make sense.

Why dont you call them for me and stop trolling.

I don't know why you interpret folks giving you alternatives as "trolling" other than it is just because it doesn't agree with the rigid, unreasonable stance you seem to have taken on this particular matter. But I will say this. Give me the information about the issue you are having, the product, serial number, issue being experienced, and whatever else is pertinent, and I will call them for you. Now, maybe they will not answer the phone and you will be proven to be correct that they are horrible at customer service. But maybe they will answer quickly and your problem will get taken care of quickly. Either way, you win. PM if you want me to make the contact for you.

Customer service is customer service, whether its by phone, email, fax, etc. If they have a CS email, yes they should respond to it, or again...what's the point of having it.

Wow OP, your stance is just ridiculous.

It would be one thing if email support was the ONLY means of support that Sandisk offers, but that is not the case. How hard is it to pick up the phone and give them a call? I would bet your problem would be resolved within minutes of contacting a representative. Instead you waste your time filing a complaint with BBB, complaining here, and who knows what else...all over a little flash drive? Do you really have nothing better to do with your time? I mean really.

Back