• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stable stock DDR2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer36

Hello all I am looking to build my dad a new PC for which he is going to be using for CAD. He is looking to run his own business again seeing as he is loosing his job at the end of the month. So he is taking some CAD classes for solidworks 09 and he wants me to build him a PC.

I have a few simple requirements, first and foremost the system needs to be STABLE at stock speeds as this PC to needs to have high availability. Second overclocking will not be taken into consideration due to my first requirement. Third if we can try to keep the price cheap, yet get stable components that would be great... but I do know and value spending more for a better more stable product.

I am looking at a E8400 system with a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R board.

The memory I have looked at so far is Dominator 2x2GB 1066 and the Mushkin 2x2GB 1066. I like both of them and the price seems to be decent, but my question is, is there any cheaper memory that offers STABILITY and speed at stock clocks for a cheaper price?

Thanks

if he isnt going to oc and doesnt need tight timings i would just nab the cheapest set of 6400 you can find. no point in spending extra on bandwidth that will never get tapped. so long as you go with a trusted manny you should be fine reliability wise. the chances are the same with value vs performance, barring a few exceptions.

i believe there is a sweet deal on a 2x2gb set of corsair in the deals section. here ya go
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=599449

Jeepers, creepers stay away from those Reapers! :eek:

Seriously, this is not a good time to buy OCZ anything, particularly ram. The Reapers are just so, so ram with some fancy heat spreaders that get in the way of a larger cooler.

R7 :beer:

Back