• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P 2 mosfet coolers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost2501

I was wondering if there are two different mosfet coolers on the GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P. Just above and to the left of the cpu I would assume they are mosfets.

I plan on water cooling this board and I already have 4 sets of the thermalright mosfet coolers I have been saving. Just trying to plan ahead I dont think i will try cooling the cpu,NB,GPU, and two sets of mosfets all with waterblocks on my first water build.

With that in mind I was wondering what other people did as far as water cooling and do the mosfets get especially hot on this mobo?

I am not sure if the mosfet coolers fit but if not I can use alumina thermal paste to mount them permaneantly I just want to know if other people water cool the mosfets on this board and with what.

AFAIK, motherboards have no MOSFET power transistors. If you're speaking of the northbridge and southbridge, it may be beneficial to use active cooling. A side case fan is usually adequate if the case also has a good exhaust fan, but heat sink fans on the NB and SB could also work. Sounds like a lot of trouble though.

The UD3P has 2 seperate coolers for the mosfets as you said but one is connected directly to the nb via heatpipe. If your really worried about heat you can just mount some 40mm fans on them and they'll be fine. Mine stay pretty cool with a fan blowing on them.

one of the nice things with the stock coolers on this board.. the heatpipes arnt welded. they are just glued in place by some thermal glue. so if you want too you can replace the two stock mofset coolers and keep the stock northbridge cooler.

Well just so you see where i am coming from I was going to get this board and I am getting water cooling so I wanted to WC the NB CPU GPU and heck, if there are mosfet waterblocks I would use them too, otherwise I have 4 thermalright mosfet coolers. Even if they dont fit I have 2 pair for each set of mosfets so I can make it all work using arctic silver alumina adhesive ( dont use the regular AC adhesive on mosfets I emailed them)

Just like my m2n sli dosent accept them but using two and adhesive I can cover 3 with the long side of one and flip the other one so the long side is up top and use the small part to cover the other 2 and they fit togther nicley.

So I am now planning on using at least 2 thermalright mosfet coolers and if I have to or If I can I'll use 4 coolers. This is all since I plan on removing the NB anyway so one of the mosfets have to go so both go.

I just wonder what waterblocks all work on this mobo especially if there are mosfet blocks.

Back