• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EA Sucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapman02

Well today I found out that I have reached my install limit on my crysis warhead. That is the first problem, I install a program i bought 5 times and now I have to go out of my way just to get it to work today.
This is my biggest problem with this whole thing. I am on hold right now, It keeps saying that all of their assistance are serving other customers, other customers have been on hold for LONGER THAN 20 MINUTES!!!!
What kind of a company puts drm in a game that requires you to call them after 5 installs and than has little to no customer service.
This is an outrage.

Wait wtf.. you can only install it 5 times? Like 5 times on one machine? So if you wipe out your hard drive 5 times and try to install the game a 6th time and it won't let you?

Wait wtf.. you can only install it 5 times? Like 5 times on one machine? So if you wipe out your hard drive 5 times and try to install the game a 6th time and it won't let you?

5 have reformatted 5 times since I bought the game. I'm now on the 6th install and it won't work

EA DRM sucks. They wonder why people pirate the game, even legit owners do it as Angry said. Then companies like Stardock come out with games that are good with no DRM and people who pirate it go on to buy it! Go figure, make a good game and people buy it :rolleyes:

Anyhow...is this like Bioshock was where there were limited installs but they were reset as long as you properly uninstalled the game versus doing a HD format? (and btw why are you formatting so much? :p)

What kind of a company puts drm in a game that requires you to call them after 5 installs and than has little to no customer service.

Welcome to EA, they have always been like this. I hope someday the general public will backlash on them, I personally could care less if they failed and went under.

anyone know if you have install limits if you buy from steam? just wondering crysis and warhead SUCK anyway but for those that would actually waste their money....

anyone know if you have install limits if you buy from steam? just wondering crysis and warhead SUCK anyway but for those that would actually waste their money....
I've installed 15+ times of everything on my list, should work for you. I'm not sure how it works, if say, you buy an EA game through them.

Last edited:
Well it was pertaining to warhead specifically, i know steam was to remove all EA drm, wasnt sure if it works like it does off the retail. I guy like dapman that is into hardware gets screwed all the time. I have my times when I will switch hardware out constantly so reformatting is a weekly thing lol.

Yup. Garbage. Had that problem with a few of EA's games I bought via download.

I also tried Atari's digital downloads for the first time not too long ago...

Even better, I got all of 3 installs. Complete garbage, just gonna buy the physical cds now.

It's not just EA and its not anything new. When I was in college I bought the educational discount version of Office 2000 PRO for like $10. After a couple of installs, I had to call the number it gave me to get an activation code. I used it clear up until I switched to MAC 2 years ago and in fact just installed it again on my old x86 machine that I just wiped. It no longer asks me to call.

TBH, I wouldn't be so upset. It is pretty unusual to reinstall 5 times within 2 years for most people.

Back