• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well I Learned

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spuddly

Ok I have a BioStar P4M900-M4 and 2GB of Crucial DDR2 677 PC5300 Installed. I got cocky and raised the DDR2 voltage by .2(dont ask why I didnt change timings or speed). Exited BIOS and had no POST beeps or anything, just a blank screen. Now I'm 99.9% positive that I burnt the RAM.

My question is if I put more Ram in place of the burnt ones is the voltage going to remain the same and burn the new sticks as well. Id like to know this before I go and buy more RAM.

PS - Crucial won't take the RAM back burnt will they, they know if you upped the voltage and what not.

System INFO:

P4M900-M4
P4 Prescott 3.0gHz
2GB DDRBURNTRAM
Antec Smart Power 500W PSU
7900GTX PCI-e

Any insight would be appreciated.

yeah, +0.2v mem shouldn't kill your memory that fast. reset the bios by using the clear cmos jumper on your board.

Thanks to your help I cleared the CMOS(wasn't aware of this feature) and now im running just fine.

Again thank you for the quick responses. I thought I was going to have to wait a week to use my computer again.

Back