• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Okay, so I got my ram... but

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaderaven

Registered
I just installed 6 gigs of crucial ballistix 1066 ram on my Asus p-5nd board.

Problem: it only reported it as 667 ram. (same speed as my old ram)
Solution: I removed all jumpers and cmos battery from my machine,

Success...well sorta: it saw the ram as 800mhz

Take in mind that my mobo is only rated for 800, but people successfully use 1066 on it. (ie. seeing it in their siggys, and I trolled for topics and found it to be possible)

I uped the clockspeed to 950mhz, but damnit I want my 1066. When I use anything higher than 950mhz and save the bios it fails to post on next start up.

I uped memory voltages to 1.9 with no success there either.

I updated bios and everything.

edit: Also my psu is sufficient I just made sure of this.

Help plz.

change it manually, it wont auto change it because its trying to set a 1:1 divider, and your FSB isnt high enough for 1066 1:1

hope that makes sense

change it manually, it wont auto change it because its trying to set a 1:1 divider, and your FSB isnt high enough for 1066 1:1

hope that makes sense

I just installed 6 gigs of crucial ballistix 1066 ram

I uped the clockspeed to 950mhz, but damnit I want my 1066. When I use anything higher than 950mhz and save the bios it fails to post on next start up.
z.

Tried it.... my fsb after being quad pumped is 1550 right now, i usualy run it at 1650, but for ram testing purposes I droped it to 1550. this isnt the problem either as it will not run 1:1 even at the stock speed of 1300.

Might up the voltage more as well? I don't know what your specs are, but glancing on Newegg at the Crucial Ballistix @ 1066, they are rated at 2.0V (That's if what UglyChild said doesn't work.)

unlink your FSB \ MEM, and set it to 1066, ( it should set divider by itself) up the voltage to 2.0V then lower timings to like 5-5-5-15

unlink your FSB \ MEM, and set it to 1066, ( it should set divider by itself) up the voltage to 2.0V then lower timings to like 5-5-5-15

I have tried all of this, but I did it once again, and a voltage increase from 1.9 to 2.0 didn't allow me to increase the speed of my ram even by 10mhz.

I ran a memtest earlier and everything checks out as well.

Back