• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios HDD recognition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jumpin Jack

Guys,
Need help... as my rig has been off-line for several days and I can’t seem to get it going…

I had 2 x 320G HDD’s in RAID 0, with a little 80G ide HDD running as my back-up.
One of the 320G’s died and as getting a replacement “like” drive is very difficult in my area. So I decided to just revert back to a single HDD (no RAID).

Over the weekend I tried repeatedly to get the Bios (Abit IP35Pro) to recognise the single 320G without success. I swapped it over from SATA 0 and SATA 1 cables and ports but still no joy. I connected my ide 80G and it was recognised in the Bios first go. I feel there might be a setting or something I have not switched over in the Bios… any help?

What am I doing wrong to get this 320G configured?

Many thanks…. :bang head

Hi.. finally got the HDD recognition in the Bios.... But still stuck with a problem of restoring...

I had to load Vista again but when I went to restore it would not work because this was considered a new system and no back-up existed. There is selection for advanced restoring from a restore point off another pc so I selected that and directed it to my restore points off my 80g HDD. This failed to restore because of an error...

"Backup File could not be found (0x8100001A)"

All the files are there on the little 80g HDD but for some reason it's not sucking them up? Does anyone know why or how to fix this so I can restore all my setting???

Thanks in advance...

Back