• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mixed RAM causing problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

teddythetwig

Hey all, I just recieved a BSOD specifying the cause to be the directory "ati2cqag.dll". The comp has been freezing up intermittently and I think it is because of my RAM. I am currently running two sticks of OCZ gold 800 rated for 1.8v and two sticks of OCZ sli ready 1066 rated for 2.1v. I think this is what is causing the issue. Is there anyway that I can get them to play nice with each other?

Hey all, I just recieved a BSOD specifying the cause to be the directory "ati2cqag.dll". The comp has been freezing up intermittently and I think it is because of my RAM. I am currently running two sticks of OCZ gold 800 rated for 1.8v and two sticks of OCZ sli ready 1066 rated for 2.1v. I think this is what is causing the issue. Is there anyway that I can get them to play nice with each other?

check cpu-z with the 8500s installed by themselves and see what the stock voltage and timings are for ddr2 800(under the speed tab). if its around the same as the defaults for your 6400s just run the voltage at whichever is highest. then run the timings at the loosest of the two.

for example
8500s run 1.9v 5-5-5-15 @800
6400s run 1.8v 4-4-4-12 @800

run both sets at 1.9v 5-5-5-15 @800.
if that doesnt work i would test each set indivually with memtest86+ and p95 blend for a few hours each(longer if possible). if they still error out while both are installed together i would bump the voltage another notch.
hope that helps.

Thanks, I guess I should have done that already. These sticks have just caused me nothing but trouble lately, the 6400's won't even run at 850 no matter what I do. Anyways, thanks for the help.

Back