• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Match ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burninate35

Hello,

I got a pair of corsair dominator ram sticks. CM2X1024-8500C5D

One of them does not work properly and makes be blue screen all over the place.

When filling out the return/rma forms corsair wrote that I should return both sticks if I bought them as a set so they can match them.

I am currently running F@H and would have to stop my most powerfull folder for possibly weeks while the new sticks came if I had to take the one working stick out.

Does it really matter if I send just one or both?:confused:

I really want to keep folding.

Thanks guys.

Hello,

I got a pair of corsair dominator ram sticks. CM2X1024-8500C5D

One of them does not work properly and makes be blue screen all over the place.

When filling out the return/rma forms corsair wrote that I should return both sticks if I bought them as a set so they can match them.

I am currently running F@H and would have to stop my most powerfull folder for possibly weeks while the new sticks came if I had to take the one working stick out.

Does it really matter if I send just one or both?:confused:

I really want to keep folding.

Thanks guys.

It matters to Corsair so if you want your RMA completed, send them both back. DDR2 memory is so cheap now that everyone should have a paired kit of spares for just this reason.

They said that it is recommended. They do not demand it. haha

I have some crap ram but It would not handle the voltage that my current ram runs at, and I do not want to change my timings/voltage settings.

It sounds like I may have to though. I will talk to corsair tomorrow... later today

You should return both. It'll be a lot less confusing and you'll be up and running a lot quicker. They'll want to send you a new unit of what you bought (which is the 2 pack), but if you only send them half of it then they'll have to figure something else out, and you might not be able to get an exact match.

Save yourself the trouble and just send both.

return both ,it makes their jobs alot easier,

RAM now a days are sooo cheap they will just send you a new pair...

Back