• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ICH10 ICH10R difference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hyperian

Registered
Ok there is another thread here about ICH10 driver for EP45 mobo from gigabyte. but driver that was linked there was ICH10R and not ICH10.

the mobo i have is the EP43-UD3L and i was wondering if i could use ICH10R driver or is the ICH10 driver somewhere?

I have been trying to install XP but i keep getting BSOD because it's missing the driver while it is loading the xp disk.

thanks.

that link doesn't look like the offical gigabyte.ca site tho?

The difference between the ICH10R and the ICH10 controller is... the R version is RAID, and the latter is non-RAID. If SATA Mode is set to AHCI instead of Legacy IDE (or IDE, depending on your particular options) in the BIOS (normally located under Integrated Peripherals--> OnChip IDE Device--> SATA Mode), then you'll need to supply AHCI drivers for the ICH10 controller during the F6 portion of Setup. Like petteyg359 suggested, set the controller's mode to Legacy IDE / IDE, which XP has native support for. Thus you won't need to supply drivers via a floppy disk during Setup.

Last edited:
yea ok, but my mobo is ICH10, not ICH10R. so would it matter if i use ICH10 driver or can i use ICH10R driver?

ok so i tried both the links and put it in a floppy disk.
pette's link has various ICH7 to 10R drivers which i put into a floppy disk and windows xp detected, but it blue screened like usual when it go to windows setup

when i tried the link jivetrky recommended, the it says it's missing a text file, so i burned a cd with the drivers in the folder All streamed in with nLite, it load up to windows setup and blue screened again.

sound liek you have a differnt problem . Run memtest.

You shouldnt need to install any driver cause you are not useing raid ...

yea i am trying to install the SATA hdd and SATA drives as AHCI.

I have ran memtest on these memories before in a different computer and it was fine.
should i run them again on this setup?

ok for some reason the memtest86 (latest version, i went to the site to download the iso) iso doesn't load. it just stays at Loading...................... that comes up after the PC device listing ...

i also noticed something in the list
IRQ 11 is shared by USB 1.1 host controller and mass storage controller.
IRQ 15 is shared by USB 1.1 host controller and display controller and native IDE controller.
IRQ 7 is shared by USB 1.1 host controller and USB 2.0 controller and another USB 1.1 host controller and SMBus controller.

could the sharing be causing the problem? if so how do i make it so they dont share?

Check if your BIOS has an APIC setting. If it does, turn it off, and see if memtest will start, then.

petteyg359: do you mean ACPI? i cant seem to find APIC. if so, i dont think i can disable it, only change from either S1 or S3.

You need to change from AHCI to IDE mode on the ICH10. You don't need to supply any drivers during the F6 portion of Setup when the controller is set to IDE.

redduc: i know. but i don't want to run my SATA drives in IDE. All the drives i have are SATA.

Can anyone point me to the ICH10 drivers and not the ICH10R drivers?

I am reading documentation of drivers and the 32bit floppy disk download from intel's website.

there is a driver that is call ICH10D/DO AHCI controller, what is that? is that what i am looking for?

Back